Author Topic: Outpost 5 Preview  (Read 4035 times)

Offline OP2Patriot

Outpost 5 Preview
« on: January 15, 2003, 07:18:41 PM »
(5:50)

"They are almost through the door!" stated a Plymouth Commando.

Jerry then ordered, "Fall back a hundred meters."

The Plymouth Commandos fell back as Jerry pulled out the remote detonator. He set it to go off in ten seconds and pressed the red button on the detonator. The countdown started.

At eight seconds until detonation, a big chunk was blasted off the door by the Atlas forces. When it was six second, shots were fired through big hole in the door. Then at two seconds, a person jumped through.

Then the mine detonated. As it detonated, an Atlas commando was jumping through the hole. He died instantly and as chunks of the door flew in all directions, his cadaver was chopped up into smaller pieces.

Jerry then hand signaled his team to go forward cautiously. When they arrived at the door, they could see seven dead people on both sides of the door. Jerry picked up a briefcase that one of the fallen troops was carrying and opened it.

After seeing the contents, Jerry stated, "There are some super-compressed minidisks with a laptop. I'll start it up."

Shortly after he turned on the computer, a window popped up on the screen and a voice said, "Please enter the correct password to continue."

There was five seconds of silence, then the laptop stated, "If you do not enter in the correct password in twenty seconds, this laptop shall turn off."

Jerry then turned off the laptop and turned to the Plymouth Commandos, "I'll leave the laptop here for now. Later, we'll take it to the Defense Department office on the other side of this planet." Then he grabbed his comm. link and then asked, "North Gate Security, do you need assistance?"

All that was heard on the comm. link after Jerry's question was static. Then Jerry changed the channel and asked, "Eden Commandos, how are things at the control room?"

"It seems that there was three attacks launched. According to the security cameras, you were able to destroy one of the attacks. However, it was the weakest one. At the North Gate, the Elite Commandos broke through the security that you had there."

"Elite Commandos? That's the best commando force that Atlas has."

"I know. The Elite Commandos are coming towards the control room now. At the South Gate some of your commandos are fighting the Atlas commandos. We cannot determine from here who is going to win there."

"I guess I'll go and try to stop the Elr he turned on the computer, a window popped up on the screen and a voice said, "Please enter the correct password to continue."

There was five seconds of silence, then the laptop stated, "If you do not enter in the correct password in twenty seconds, this laptop shall turn off."

Jerry then turned off the laptop and turned to the Plymouth Commandos, "I'll leave the laptop here for now. Later, we'll take it to the Defense Department office on the other side of this planet." Then he grabbed his comm. link and then asked, "North Gate Security, do you need assistance?"

All that was heard on the comm. link after Jerry's question was static. Then Jerry changed the channel and asked, "Eden Commandos, how are things at the control room?"

"It seems that there was three attacks launched. According to the security cameras, you were able to destroy one of the attacks. However, it was the weakest one. At the North Gate, the Elite Commandos broke through the security that you had there."

"Elite Commandos? That's the best commando force that Atlas has."

"I know. The Elite Commandos are coming towards the control room now. At the South Gate some of your commandos are fighting the Atlas commandos. We cannot determine from here who is going to win there."

"I guess I'll go and try to stop the Elite Commandos."

"Well, they will probably get here before you can."

---philipu2001                    

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 07:59:17 PM »
You accidentally retyped something there, Philip. :lol:                    
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline OP2Patriot

Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 08:43:13 PM »
Where?

---philipu2001                    

xfir

Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 02:05:14 PM »

That is in twice.

And, as my English teacher would say, "Never start sentences with 'There was' or 'There were'." :blink:                    

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 02:56:13 PM »
I do all the time. :lol:

Hey Philip, have you seen my story?                    
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline OP2Patriot

Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 08:03:35 PM »
I read the first two chapters. No other chapters were available, so I haven't got further.

---philipu2001                    

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 03:05:29 PM »
I haven't gotten very far.  Though, I was almost positive that I got to chapter three.                    
CK9 in outpost

Offline OP2Patriot

Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 03:11:15 PM »
I went several months without writing anything before.

---philipu2001                    

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2003, 04:37:07 PM »
I'm stil writing, just not typing. :P  wait <_< , that's sad :(                    
CK9 in outpost

Offline OP2Patriot

Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2003, 04:45:27 PM »
As soon as I have more time, then I will finish the novella. I do know the ending!

---philipu2001                    

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outpost 5 Preview
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2003, 04:48:22 PM »
Ya know what?  It took me two years to plan mine and a year to start to write it.                    
CK9 in outpost