Author Topic: Debate Thread  (Read 8595 times)

xfir

Debate Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2003, 08:09:19 PM »
No. I just prevent them from access my stuff (I.E. finish a test quickly, and still get an 'A'.)

Back to topic:

Do you believe in fate?

Offline new-er-bie

Debate Thread
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2003, 08:24:38 PM »
Cheating isn't worth it.

1 of my friends always does something stupid and gets caught for it, and when the tell me, it's never worth it.

Fate? What's fate? predestination, yeah  I think

xfir

Debate Thread
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2003, 08:38:27 PM »
Shouldn't we be able to shape our own future?

I mean, did you decide what you want to be, or did someone tell you?

Offline new-er-bie

Debate Thread
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2003, 08:45:40 PM »
Well I didn't get to pick if I wanted to be a guy, or my height, race, and all that other stuff. I think things are predestined, like what I'm gonna be, when I'm gonna die, and other stuff, but I have the freedom to do what I want to get there. Like there is a common end, but I can do whatever I want, and then end up there. So I can do what I want, but can't escape the end, if you get me.  

xfir

Debate Thread
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2003, 08:47:24 PM »
I see what you mean. You have control over yourself (Like ideas, job, personality) but no control over the other things (age, height, sex).

I can agree with you there, but I think your control over yourself can influence your final date (er... death).

Offline new-er-bie

Debate Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2003, 08:28:29 PM »
Maybe it's my religousness that gets me here. But I always believed that we all have a set date to die. Theres too many people that are so healthy, and something happens. Like you have the healthiest guy, and he's 'supposed' to live for a long time, but then some car hits him, or he gets this rare disease. It's just too weird to be coincidence.  

Offline <NH> Cameron1032

Debate Thread
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2003, 11:52:29 PM »
well i believe in predestination to a point. I mean if we are given 2 choices like (just out of the blue) to hit someone with something, and we do it, it determines how the rest of the day will unfold. But the thing is that we always have oppertunites to change how the rest of the day will unfold. The choises we make determine which predestination we will get to and like at what time, and where and that stuff. So we can minupulate the predestinations, sometimes for good or sometimes for bad. I mean like if you didnt hit that person youre day would be totally different. If you did hed probable get mad and hit you back. And that would change your day and youd probably remember it and your life would be different after that.
So just basically I think that there is predestination, but we can manipulate it to a point.
What is it good for? Absolutly nothing!