Author Topic: Ibstore  (Read 3944 times)

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ibstore
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »
Hey, I just thought I should say this since its kinda been on my mind a bit lately. Not in the way ive actually been thinking about it, but whenever I use the IBStore I look at other members with billions of points. Then I see I only have around 1.1k and on top of that there is only 1 thing I would actually buy.

What i propose is do like what there is on a lot of other forums, add a much much bigger extension to the IBStore, more items etc. Usually there is an arcade too, where members compete to get the 'king' score of a given game. This too would be pretty sweet here.

Perhaps make availible pets that you can have where you must buy food for it, and have it battle other members pets!

This is probably one of my favorite features on forums and I would really like to see it here.

Post you comments lemme know what you think.
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Sirbomber

Ibstore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
Sure, we could do that, or we could play OP2 instead of wasting time with boring nonsense like that.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ibstore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »
Isnt always a game on + It would just make it more fun and also have a use for the existing IBStore.
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Ibstore
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
Personally, I'd rather see our resources being directed to op2 related projects rather than an IBStore addon.

Offline zigzagjoe

Ibstore
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 08:52:14 PM »
I lol'ed.

tbfh there are other projects that hacker is working on that have a higher priority than some forum mod than practically no-one would use. (and rl too, you know...there is a world outside of the box.)

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ibstore
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
@ Mcshay :

Yes that is true but what was mentioned in my post is a lot easier to do since it is all premade, but yes it would be realllly amazing to have op2 related things.

@ ZZJ

Why would only hacker be doing this?
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline zigzagjoe

Ibstore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »
because in all reality hacker is the man behind the scenes here. i don't know much of galactic however he is off somewhere and hence probably wouldn't be working on it.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27:49 PM »
because in all reality hacker is the man behind the scenes here. i don't know much of galactic however he is off somewhere and hence probably wouldn't be working on it.
I don't know, I'm not the only one around here. Besides, I'm not really around -that- much anymore, having a 40hrs a week job.

I would tend to agree with a lot of the people here, work should be invested into making OP2 related things better than on IBstore addons that we know will generate interest for a short time, and then die out again...

Offline Hidiot

Ibstore
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 06:18:58 AM »
Well... at least a little restock for those dead(out of stock) things?. I don't think that should take more than a few minutes... Although I do not know the system.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ibstore
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 08:34:51 AM »
@ Hidiot

Yes it would only take a few seconds, but with the current 'ore' supply of some members here they would all be out in a matter of seconds.

Edit: Pssssssst!

-Buy glow effect with on hand : Fatal error: Cannot use object of type item_nameeffect as array in /home/opuuser/public_html/forum/sources/store/store.php on line 1354

Use glow effect = no preview + no... effect :(  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:40:09 AM by op2rules »
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Hidiot

Ibstore
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »
The "Glow" effect has been explained before... it only works in IE (haven't checked).

If someone re-supplies the store with over 1000 items of each depleted, I think it'll be a tough job for them to run out due to a few people.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ibstore
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
some one like sirbomber would buy every thing now that you said that.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Ibstore
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 11:35:04 AM »
I would shoplift everything

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ibstore
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
some one like sirbomber would buy every thing now that you said that.

I was totally thinking the same sort of thing.

Offline Hidiot

Ibstore
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
Uh... guess some of us found out another "interesting" fact about him...  :huh: