Which is the more noble way to win

Flare em
10 (23.8%)
Take them out with  heavy force
20 (47.6%)
Sneak and dodge with a couple vehicles
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Which Is The Best Way To Win  (Read 10933 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Which Is The Best Way To Win
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:35 PM »
Me and the novas will loose

Split the force and take each nova on separately and they will die quick.  Its not always a good thing to let them randomly fire.

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 12:37:18 AM »
MY STRATEGY (FROM ONE WHOS NEVER PLAYED MULTI)

1.) Kill vech + Structure factories
2.) Kill COMMON ore smelter
3.) Kill Power
4.) Kill CC

but what do i know. i like to use the long, no supernovae strategy
I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 01:03:54 AM »
Pretend to give up and transfer your army to them, but at the same time transfer a nova or a couple flares pre-ordered to attack their cc, with any luck they wont notice it, and because they belong to them their defense wont attack them.

Against a skilled player it has a low chance of working, but when it does, it is hilarious!
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Quantum

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 11:31:13 AM »
it is very simple    :P  
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 12:30:39 PM »
Kill the CC right away.  Its the brain.

Offline Quantum

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 03:14:22 PM »
not exactly
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Yes it is? Without their CC the game fails them.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline siqueule

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 05:11:08 PM »
I never win, so I can't answer  :P  
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline chicer_mister

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 10:29:48 AM »
i think nova win

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 01:27:21 PM »
2 Novas against a group of Microwaves/Lasers  the Novas would get smoked.

Offline Quantum

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »
oh come on

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 01:56:08 PM »
The lasers/microwaves would get blown up. Why? They're lasers/microwaves.

Offline acid101

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:57 PM »
DUCK AND ATTACK~~~!! sneak attacks rule... they piss people off big time

Offline Norsehound

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »
Depends on what side I'm playing.

As Eden, the best way to destroy my enemy are many Thor's Hammer Tigers. This 'iron storm' almost literally crushes all opposition sent against me... but it's not entirely THTs- I throw in some EMPs, Acid Clouds, and maybe a Laser Tiger or two (to mow down spiders). This is the winning strategy I have for Eden on, say, Starship CG (Or reclaiming the origional colony area on population).

I can't say I've developed a winning strategy for Plymouth... rushing the base early with Microwave Lynxes before they become entrenched seems to be the best strategy (on Starship II anyway...). Though I'd have to say whenever I'm on the defensive, my first targets are Acid Clouds, the EMP, Rail Gun, and then Laser lynxes. My spiders keep dying too much for EMP + Spiders to be truly effective.

:op2:
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
Some of funniest wins have been single-unit attacks with a supernova to their CC.  Most people don't see it in time because of the color I choose, lol
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
How about an unique strategy, eh? Something with alot of micro managing and very weird?

Enemy is has tigers (say there EMPs/Thors/Acids or EMPs/ESGs/RPGs), you are Playmouth, and you have 5 lynxs Super Novas and a ready EMP missile, you win, no? If not, back it up with 5-10 mircos to get the guys still EMPed or the runners. Or have 3 Super Novas and alot of (10-20) of semi-upgraded scopians, you rush an advancing army with scorpians to damage (slow) them down, maybe even a stick foam or 2, and then send your Super Novas in, they ought to be faster then the advancing army now so if they run, you can still cautch up. Or just spam StarFlares :)

BTW, do Tiger/Panther/Gaurd Posts-Flares/Super Novas do more damage, or just have better armour then lynxs?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:09:11 PM by Spikerocks101 »
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 11:15:55 PM »
Guard Post Starflares/Supernovas do more damage.

I don't know about Tigers. I seriously doubt the Panther does any extra damage.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »
Panther doesn't do more damage, it just has better armor (tested this several times in single player)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sorcer

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
my personal opinion is out survive them :) aka stay baracaded in base with a medical center, residence up and running and watch as my colony flourishes even though the demand grows while they die off.

Offline fighter

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »
best way to take out a colony is a planned attack formation.
long range lynxs in back, short range tigers and emp panthers in front.
i just move and wait. anything that approaches usually just gets blown up. this tactic has helped a LOT of times when the AI pulls off something smart, like sending a ton of vehicles to take out my new colony in  eden population.
(i usually build near the bottom for the rare ore)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:28:02 PM by fighter »
There are people who want to be treated as idiots. I've dedicated all my life to fulfill their wish.

Offline Sorcer

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »
ok for the fight out between novas and micro/lazers....in my opinion the micro/lazers would win depending on who's controlling retreating while they fire at the nova's would beat the nova's cause the nova's can't fight back without going pop and their range is not as great as the micro/lazerz so your nova's go pop injure a few of my micro/lazers and guess what the great thing about nova's is....YOU CAN'T DO IT AGAIN NOOB!!! it's like a suicide bomber. they can only do it 1 time. 1 micro vs 1 nova = micro win, 1 lazer vs 1 nova = lazer win. simple as that get over yourself

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
1 micro vs 1 nova = micro wins? yeah... "I might not have anything left, but atleast i'm still a left eye".
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »
ok for the fight out between novas and micro/lazers....in my opinion the micro/lazers would win depending on who's controlling retreating while they fire at the nova's would beat the nova's cause the nova's can't fight back without going pop and their range is not as great as the micro/lazerz so your nova's go pop injure a few of my micro/lazers and guess what the great thing about nova's is....YOU CAN'T DO IT AGAIN NOOB!!! it's like a suicide bomber. they can only do it 1 time. 1 micro vs 1 nova = micro win, 1 lazer vs 1 nova = lazer win. simple as that get over yourself
Obvious flaw with your theory:
Why would I waste a Nova on a Laser or Microwave Lynx?  I would just go around you and own your CC.

Nova wins.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sorcer

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
Obvious flaw with your theory:
Why would I waste a Nova on a Laser or Microwave Lynx?  I would just go around you and own your CC.

Nova wins.
wasn't a question of tactics on killing the base it was a question of nova vs lazer/micro if it's a question of knocking out base to win yeah go after cc ignore the lynx but the question was a 1 v 1 battle vehicle vs vehicle not base vs base with only 2 vehicles being a lazer/micro and a nova....

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 06:46:08 AM »
On a purely theoretical basis, maybe. But practice says you'll never, ever see that situation, unless you don't know what you're doing or know very well what you're doing and have several other novas to use.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"