Author Topic: The Freeza Design  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« on: August 24, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
Eden EMP bomb

Tokamak Bombs with eden.  If done right with good timing you can have a EMP bomb but this will only work for a limited time as people will become wise to it.

Build Tokamak blow it up with 2 flares simple.  you just have to time it to explode with some one tanks in the way and that could be the tricky part.

ANTI MULTIMISSILE.

Playing as eden one has to worry about over zelous plymouth players and there EMP missiles to just barage you from above.  Meteor Defences will only fire so much before they have a long recharge time and the fact that a missile droped right above one will render it useless.  How ever by having a Meteor Defence coverage that has over laping areas of influence and Back up Meteor defences One can stop atleast 5 to 8 missiles.  

Have on active Meteor defence and one idle Meteor defence once the first one fires 3 times idle it and activate the other one.  you get 3 or 4 more shots.

R.A.P.E.
Rapid Attack Possible Extermination

eden version
Requires Laser emp and maybe Thors with at least the heat dissapation upgrade.  Then all you do is ram them through with there speed or open a hole with some thing heavier.  Send in the Lynx to take out the CC.  

Plymouth version
Requires nothing but RPG or Microwave.  Or a few flare/Nova.
Same thing as Eden but you now have a option of "A" emp missile to accomplish the task.

THen the good ole fashion way.

OUT PRODUCE AND RAM DOWN THROAT.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:30:53 PM »
fact that a missile droped right above one will render it useless.  How ever by having a Meteor Defence coverage that has over laping areas of influence and Back up Meteor defences One can stop atleast 5 to 8 missiles.
In a lot of conditions, though, if a missile is launched on top of an MD, any MD in the area won't even attempt to shoot it down.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 12:05:37 AM »
Some variable just cant be beat its a flaw every strategy has  which is why there are counter strategies.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 01:57:18 AM »
Some variable just cant be beat its a flaw every strategy has  which is why there are counter strategies.
The fact that meteor defenses (or anything else) aren't going to do s*** for you on the offensive is already too big of a flaw. The missile-on-MD glitch just makes it even worse.

Offline Sirbomber

The Freeza Design
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:53:31 AM »
Why do I have the feeling this is going to turn into another EMP Missile flame war?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »
because arklon doesnt want to beable to stop missile deep down inside he loves them. :P

Any way try this idea out.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »
because arklon doesnt want to beable to stop missile deep down inside he loves them. :P
Yep, that's why I play Eden.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
The Freeza Design
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 04:00:44 AM »
If only someone would take the time to fix the error...the source was cracked, wasn't it?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 10:25:48 AM »
You can't get the source of a program once its compiled. Many things are lost in the translation process. However, things can still be painstakingly edited using other tools. From what I've heard it's hard... don't expect a fix, like, ever.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:26:22 AM by Mcshay »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
The Freeza Design
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »
Random note: To disassemble something correctly, you need to distinguish between code and data, and to decompile something requires that and even more work. The problem of distinguishing between code and data in an arbitrary program is equiavlent to the Halting Problem, which is a classic example in Computer Science of something that isn't computable. Basically, the problem in it's full generality can never be solved on any computer, because there is no algorithm to do it. This has nothing to do with computational power, or how fast a computer is. I also vaguely remember reading that a Quantum computer would also suffer this limitation. (Not that a feasible one has ever been built).

So basically it's a lot more than variable names that are lost in the compilation phase. If you ever do run the code through a disassembler, you can end up with "brittle" source, that can break or do unexpected things if you recompile it. Granted, it would likely still work if you compiled it without changes, but the instant you make a change, you risk breaking something completely unrelated to the change you made. That can be especially bad if you break something that is used infrequently so you don't even realize there is an error for quite some time.

Of course compiler generated code is far from the arbitrary case, so it may be possible to disassemble Outpost2 into an editable assembly form, but it's far from a trivial problem, and would likely require some human input to get right. Particularly the section that appears to be hand coded in assembly. There is at least one known case of self modifying code in that part, although it's a fairly simple case that would be easy to deal with.

I think the biggest problem with the idea is the lack of tools to actually do it. All the disassemblers I've seen don't produce output that can be reassembled. I've also never seen a good decompiler. Most of them seem to only really work on simple small toy exes that behave really nicely.

But, on a side note, I am reminded that I've been curious as to why those Meteor Defenses supposedly work that way....