Author Topic: Vb Skining For Opu Applications.  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Leviathan

Vb Skining For Opu Applications.
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »
Could a Visual Basic programer and a graphics designer please work on this project

vbaccelerator.com/..Skins/article.asp

Im working on a VB application (colony wars front end etc) and it would look great skined in op2 style :)

Thx for help.

Offline Mez

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 08:39:14 AM »
id say that i would do it but i dont have that much experience with vb.  i'll give it a go over the next week with my own apps and see what i can do.  IF i can use it then ill offer to do a basic skin for you.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 08:44:53 AM »
ooooh nifty

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:23:50 PM »
Don't focus on vb too much. There are programs, not written in vb, which would also look great with the op2 skin.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 03:07:54 PM »
Actually, I had a look into odasl.dll (the OP2 skinning engine) and tried to use it to skin a VB app.

It worked (somewhat) however it looks like we will need to subclass the window in order for it to work fully. (This means you will have to handle all events yourself, rather than letting VB do it. That shouldn't be too bad though, because the custom event handler can just call the VB events)

Without subclassing it can only skin the title bar, and the program crashes when it quits.

I'll help you with it sometime if you're interested.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »
You do realize I've messaged you and Hacker about exactly this to add into OPUTool. I already created an interface. What I need now is a web interface to work with data on the web servers...

Basically, OPUTool already has this capability. You can see the start of it in the NEC:ON screen. Plus, I've already written a new WD interface. That's why I havn't released any source code yet because I want to completely integrate that as well as a few other things before its next release.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:34:48 PM by leeor_net »