Author Topic: Ipb Skin Issues  (Read 1772 times)

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ipb Skin Issues
« on: February 21, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »
Whenever i try to add a skin to my IPB forum, it says this:
Cannot write to the /home3/op2rules/public_html/forum/Skin directory, please set sufficient CHMOD permissions to allow this. IBF cannot do this for you.
Before i was able to add the skin fine, now i try to import the same one as before and it says that, i tried 3 differen skins and i get the same result. Any help or idea what to do?
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ipb Skin Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:03 AM »
you might have damaged a file
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ipb Skin Issues
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »
Maybe, but the only person i can trust right now other than hacker, is lev, and lev can't do much he don;t know how to do nuttin. So i gotta wait till hacker comes on IRC, adn i have to be on IRC,unless someone know the cause of the problem.
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ipb Skin Issues
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »
In FTP, go to your forum directory on the server. Inside you should see the Skin/ folder. Right click that and go to "change permissions" or "chmod" (it might depend on what client you use, but it should be named something like that).

Another box will pop up, either asking for permissions to use (usually checkboxes) or a numeric value.

In FlashFXP it allows you to set them either way.

If it lets you input a number manually, type 777 and press ok. Otherwise, set it so owner, group, and others all have read, write, and execute permissions. (Check all tickboxes in the main part of the screen in FlashFXP, don't tick anything marked setuid, setgid, or sticky)

This should allow the forum to write to the Skin folder (which it must do in order to install a skin).

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Ipb Skin Issues
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 03:15:06 PM »
OH alright i got it now, i was changing the CHMOD to 777 on the wrong file before, i got it working now, thanks ;)  
 ^--- GD Text Generati