Author Topic: Mic/ore/armor  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Leviathan

Mic/ore/armor
« on: October 15, 2005, 07:30:11 AM »
Anyone need help, having problems learning, or have questions about Microwave/Ore/Armor ?

outpostuniverse.net/help/micorearm.php

Videos of me doing it:
2005-04-23LevVSxam.rar
2005-06-24LevVSSPanther.rar

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 03:45:15 PM »
I remember doing the eden version of that, and overwhelming them with upgraded laser lynx

he accused me of cheating lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 08:48:58 PM »
Lev I wish people wouldnt post things like that. It turely sucks the life and fun out of the game. now people will fallow thoes pages liek mindles drones as they have with the pie chart

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 09:23:34 PM »
its just stratigys to help people out, its not like its going to make cookie cutter players, everyone has their own style, and thats what keep the game fresh
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 09:46:18 PM »
Lev I wish people wouldnt post things like that. It turely sucks the life and fun out of the game. now people will fallow thoes pages liek mindles drones as they have with the pie chart

Or study it for weaknesses and plan on how to best kick Lev's ass the next game they play.  :ph34r:

It does kinda give some good reasons why you might want to research techs in certain orders though. I don't see why people wouldn't try to make their own customizations to the general idea.

Besides, I doubt many people can remember that all exactly. So they're kinda forced to make their own improvements as they go along.

Offline Leviathan

Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 06:21:28 AM »
Im trying to help people out, Moogle please shut up. Thx :)

Yea Beta if you do it with eden have have lots of laser lynx ur still lose vs plymouth if there doing the same thing.

Hooman, the game is limited, you cant make that many customizations, there are only a few orders which are worth using. This is a variation on the standard order anyway. Any i think the best order to start learning.

And i dont find it that hard to remember but that is because ive been playing for years. But some new players are able to pick it up easily, eg SpeedNine, he got to a advanced level of play within a few weeks. The secret is, op2 is easy ;)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 10:51:25 PM »
Hmm, you know, someone on here said the gameplay for small levels like pie was so set that you coud program an AI to play the level. I'd kinda thought the same thing actually. It's rather tempting to see how Lev would fare against something like that. Mind you, even if some set rules like Lev has suggested here were followed by an AI (perfectly followed mind you), you could probably still beat the AI. Although, you might have to change your strategy a little to account for the AIs strategy. If the AI goes for weapons first, get better resources and dig in, so you can overpower it later. If the AI tries to up it's resource base first, you might go for weapons and kill it while it's still defenseless. Of course, you can pretty much always out manouver them in a battle. That's no so easy to code for.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »
I go a complete different way, and I'm not getting pounded because of that.

It's just that as long as speed is set to 10, and lev is much faster than me usually. He will win 9/10 games.

The position of your base vs the one you are playing pretty much dictates the whole game. Lev's mic strat won't do much good if your opponent has a great way to defend his base while rushing for rare/ESG's.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Leviathan

Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 12:18:27 PM »
Highlander are u able to create a page with ur standard strat/orders then please?

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 08:52:16 AM »
That would mean to give away my secret would it not ? bwah. I'll do it anyways.

Just give me over the weekend, got a few hectic days coming up.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 11:24:55 AM »
Hmm....

/me is getting ideas of espionage.

I wonder how hard it would be to "steal" someone's build order....  :ph34r:

(Hacker can probably guess what I'm thinking here  :whistle: )

Offline Tellaris

Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 03:11:05 PM »
I already did.   Not particularly hard to do either.   Hmm...   I like that idea Hooy...
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Mic/ore/armor
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 04:45:59 PM »
Hmm....

/me is getting ideas of espionage.

I wonder how hard it would be to "steal" someone's build order....  :ph34r:

(Hacker can probably guess what I'm thinking here  :whistle: )
:ph34r:

What a sick, underhanded way! :P

It would be cool though. ;)