Poll

do you believe that the Pope should have all those decisions?

yes, i believe
0 (0%)
no, i don't
8 (47.1%)
idc either way..
7 (41.2%)
there's  a pope.. who's he?
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: do u believe?  (Read 4265 times)

Offline jesusfreak06

do u believe?
« on: April 02, 2005, 11:32:17 PM »
well, the Pope died today.. do ne of u guys believe in the Pope? i don't.. i don't fink that ne one human should have the right to decided if thousands of men who want to devote their lives to God can b married or not.. do u guys believe in the Pope (i found out he was dead when the church who asked us to pray for him...) y r u prayin for a dead person?
I am a dork! but hey, i'm a Christian dork.

Offline Leviathan

do u believe?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 04:37:42 AM »
the pope was not in touch with the modern world at all.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
do u believe?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 02:12:27 PM »
From what news reports say, he wanted to finally 'meet his maker' as the saying goes.

Personally, I don't cae, because I can't get involved with an issue I have no effect on.  My beliefs seperate me from it too much.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
do u believe?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 08:59:08 PM »
There is a reason why they are not allowed to get  married.

- First of all when somebody devotes them self to the church and god it is suppost to be a complete devotion

- If they wanted to get married who told them to make the decisen to follow the Sacrement of Holy orders and not the Sacrement of marriage

- There is a split in the sacrements of Marriage and Holy orders
     - Sacrement of marriage >> happy union of 2 people
     - Sacrement of Holy orders >> happy union of god and the church community
-It's actually very easy (but not always an easy decisen to make)

- For holy orders you have to pledge a life of celibacy and poverty. You only serve god and the community >>> they shouldn't be married because they are technically married with God. We practice monogamy not polygamy.

- They follow the pope becuase he's the boss and makes sure that they don't do anything that isn't healthy for the church. Would you ever tell your boss at work no when given an order and not expect to get fired? If the Bishop, Deacon, or pope doesn't fire you the people of the church will and can.

y r u prayin for a dead person?
We pray for a dead person to show ower respect for that person and to wish them a happy afterlife
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120
OS[/b]Windows Vista Home Premium x64
:P I'm a Hardware freak ><

Offline mustang09-06

do u believe?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 09:09:09 PM »
What burns me up is the fact that there's all kinds of papers with his pic on the front page and stuff but missionarys die in foreign countries everyday and they don't even get a small article.  Plus the fact that the headlines read, "The World Mourns." I'm not mourning and there are thousands of other people who could have cared less what the pope did.

Offline jesusfreak06

do u believe?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:51:52 PM »
wow, a completely devout person.. for once in my entire life, a catholic can explain to me y they believe what they believe, here's my take (btw, i've grown up in a catholic church almost my whole life):

k, the first fing i find wrong is baptism.. i don't believe that babies should b baptized (catholics rn't the only one's who baptize as a baby, i no of many other denominations that do too)

k, then eucharist (aka, communion) i can't STAND it when people get communion b/c they r afraid to look bad in front of other people...) i also don't agree w/ the fact that Catholics believe that the bread and wine r literally Jesus' body and blood when i fink it's a symbol

then "confirmation" oteh, a Bishop puts his hand on ur head, uses Chrism to annoint u (after having ask u y u picked ur confirmation name and finks u no SOME background on the Bible) and then says ur sealed w/ the Holy Spirit... wait, it says PLAIN and CLEAR in black and white that only Jesus has that right, that one can only get to the Father through the Son...

then we get into the Bible.. my catechism teacher's teacher (lol, one step above my teacher) came into my catechism class and literally told us (lol, pun intended) that the Bible isn't to b takin literally, that we no that it would've been difficult for a man to really do all those miracles or some crap like that, sayin that a lot of it was exagerated... how can u tell me that the basic belief/ proof, the documentation of Jesus and all the religious facts that u base ur whole faith on is exagerated?

then confession.. how can a preist tell u if ur forgiven"father, forgive me for i have sinned, it's been 1 week since my last confession.." preist says, "go ahead my child", sinner says, "i've had sex w/ the same woman, she's married and i do it every week, along w/ swear all the time to make myself look kool, plus i get drunk a lot.. oh, that's about it", preist says, "that's not good behavior.. how bout u try to do better this week, oteh. um, how's bout 10 Our Fathers and 15 Hail Mary's".. here's how it is: james 5:16-Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 08:07:42 AM by garrettsgirl »

Offline Sl0vi

do u believe?
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 06:03:39 PM »
Catholics need to read the bible better. I mean seriously, almost all of those claims about priests are suppose to live in celibacy are against what paul (the apostle) wrote in his letters.

Also, I constantly hear people in the news calling the pope "The heavenly father." Jesus clearly stated that their is only one heavenly father, and that we should not call anyone of this world "father."

So yeah, simply by reading the bible, and using my own brain I can say that the pope is nothing to believe in.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline jesusfreak06

do u believe?
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 10:15:31 PM »
RIGHT ON Sl0vi!! u should come visit my home town.. there are a total of 14 churches and like over half are traditionalists catholics.. i'm sorry, but i feel that unless u can point to the spot in the Bible where it talks about the activity u r doin, then u shouldn't do it (specially if someone can point out in the Bible where it contradicts what ur doin).. i hate it when people do what they r told when it's not right.. if some people would just look, they'd c all the places in the Bible that contradict SO many traditions (right on about the "Heavenly Father" thing...)  

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
do u believe?
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 07:28:13 AM »
then confession.. how can a preist tell u if ur forgiven"father, forgive me for i have sinned, it's been 1 week since my last confession.." preist says, "go ahead my child", sinner says, "i've had sex w/ the same woman, she's married and i do it every week, along w/ swear all the time to make myself look kool, plus i get drunk a lot.. oh, that's about it", preist says, "that's not good behavior.. how bout u try to do better this week, oteh. um, how's bout 10 Our Fathers and 15 Hail Mary's".. here's how it is: james 5:16-Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
In Tradational Catholic Praticing you actually did profess your sins to the community, you would get up in front of the crowd, and confess your sins, instead of doing it behind closed doors.

This is in Effect, a summation of Catholic beliefs:

The Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Offline Leviathan

do u believe?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 07:34:58 AM »
Most of what was writen and edited 2000 years ago (or wutevea) by men does not apply now.

Also the new pope needs to be slaped about a bit with a large trout. He is so old fashioned, no comdoms, no womens rights, no gays, the list goes on. i hope he gets shot.

Offline Luweeg64

do u believe?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 09:30:47 PM »
Most of what was writen and edited 2000 years ago (or wutevea) by men does not apply now.
I do hope you're not refering to the Nicene Creed, because it is a summation of the Catholic Faith.

And from a non-religious point of view, as some non-Christian people use when talking about Jesus around Christmastime, Jesus prechead to love each other, to help fellow man. And if you think about it, if that was the only rule, and people abided by it, all other rules could cease to exist.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 09:34:55 PM by Luweeg64 »

Offline jesusfreak06

do u believe?
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 09:59:07 PM »
well, if u think about it, if ppl obeyed the 2 most important comandment, matt 22:37 and 39-Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and strength(/mind depending on the version)... love your neighbor as yourself. and if u truely loved Him, the other comandments wouldn't b needed b/c in order to love God, u have to first get to no Jesus and recieve Him,then we would have no murderers or liars or cleptoes (idk if that's spelled right).. fink about it... u also wouldn't have to worry about earth b/c then ppl would actually care about eachother and love eachother... hmm.. well, the creed is basically the whole christian belief system except the most important part... John 1:12- To believe AND to recieve is to become a child of God (it then later says that only his children will truely understand the meaning) but most ppl get thrown off w/ the whole receive thing but it's true, Jesus calls on u...

i also don't believe in the whole i believe in one holy, catholic, and apostolic church (i don't believe in denominations, but just that Jesus and God rule the human race w/ the help of the Holy Spirit and anyone who believes that w/ all their heart and is saved, then they r a child of God, reguardless of denomination, race, age (i was told by Mary Heinrich from St. Jo's that u r to recieve God into ur heart on the day of catholic confirmation while the priest has a hold of ur head..) yea, oteh.. i don't fink that a person should wait till they r in 11th grade. 16/17 years old.. i was saved like 2 years ago, plus, a person can easily die b 4 they r a junior in high skool.... y risk takin that chance?

i still also don't believe in baptising as a baby (a. u didn't get to make the decision urself, b. u won't remember it, c. the Bible talks about baptism as submerging, and coming out a new person and u can't submerge a baby in water b/c they'd drown) plus, Jesus was baptised at a later age).

i say the creed every week in church and have for like 4 or 5 years now, and i'm tired of repeating the SAME thing over and over, at least improvise it once.. plus the preist at St. Jo's speaks in monotone and is SO boring.. lol u cant say that i don't no enough about the catholic church to make these judgement calls, but i was baptised catholic, confirmed catholic, and had my first holy communion as a catholic.. i've gone to catholic churches ALL my life and i'm tired of it... sorry to u catholics out there that enjoy it, i'm just tired of all the lies, contradictions, and mix ups...

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
do u believe?
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »
The pope is nothing more then a puppet if you ask me.  Ruled by old fossiles that think beleiving in some great froce that resides in a place that can not be achived by any one that isnt under there thumb.  Its like a holy mafia. i think all relegions are bull s***.  Thats just my opinion.

Offline zhukant

do u believe?
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 12:29:03 AM »
I am Russian Orthodox, and we don't have a pope for all (or most) of the reasons listed by the other people above. Our priests are not allowed to marry after priesthood, but they can keep their wives if they married before. Thus most priests marry before entering priesthood. Not so strict, eh?
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline jesusfreak06

do u believe?
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 10:14:55 PM »
i have two friends Anna and Baisha (sisters) who r russian orthodox and their father (lol, obviously is married and has a total of 3 kids, 2 girls and 1 boy)

that's interestin, Freeza-CII... i believe that the pope is there as a figure (the pope's position is called a direct desendant of Peter) yea, that's stupid... well, neways, i'd rather live my life for God and there end up not being life after death then to live my life everday for nuffin, not believing in a God...

Offline Luweeg64

do u believe?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
Wherin lies the question of choice.

Offline Phantom

do u believe?
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 05:47:58 PM »
I'm protestant, non-denominational. So, either way I don't really care what the pope does. I did like the fact that John Paul II was against communism tho.
Crappy Avatar by me. lol
My website: EQT RPG

Here comes the Thnikkaman!!!

"Bringing the metal back to where it belongs!" - Limozeen

Offline Luweeg64

do u believe?
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 08:05:10 PM »
I agree with the bit on Communism. Welcome to the community.

Offline Phantom

do u believe?
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 08:31:45 PM »
Thanks! Glad to be here.  :lol:  
Crappy Avatar by me. lol
My website: EQT RPG

Here comes the Thnikkaman!!!

"Bringing the metal back to where it belongs!" - Limozeen