Author Topic: Not Dead!  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Not Dead!
« on: September 07, 2003, 06:51:07 AM »
contrary to popular belief, i am not dead, and i am still out there... it's just what with this and that i haven't been able to make much of an appearence in the OP community recently...

anywho,
after reinstalling windows98, and getting my USB ports working again, i discover another problem (this time related to my sound system)...
i swear, when the cell processor comes out i'm gonna be getting a new computer... hopefully one that works...

i did have something op-related to say, but i have completely forgotten it (darn short attention span... oo look butterflies!)
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline Zircon

Not Dead!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 07:48:06 AM »
Ezekel had a birthday too :rolleyes: Maybe i shouldn't have said that :P

Win 98... Get XP if you have the hardware for it... (unbelievable im preaching for a software i was against 3 years ago :lol: )

Cell processor ? :unsure:

Start posting here (unbelievable im preaching... yadda yadda  :blush: ) *cough* opc *cough* seems to have lost it's charm *cough*

Offline Ezekel

Not Dead!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 10:16:54 AM »
i already got a copy of XP, but there is no point upgrading my OS to XP cos i would have to reformat (when i reinstalled, i was merely upgrading 98 to 98SE so it didn't need a reformat) and i'm gonna get a new computer by the latest of next summer (i mean i will need a brand new one for starting university, won't i?).
probably be a new version of windows by then anywho... heh ;)

cell processor is gonna be in the PS3 (playstation3), it is a new form of  processor, using a totally new system to the others on the market... it is the same size as a pentium (most modern model) and is about 100 times faster to any modern processor...
IBM and compaq and another company each sunk $14billion into the development of this processor...
and i think there was something about it being able to do
17trillion simultaneous 13 digit equations
(well, that number is too large for me to fully appreciate what it means... but i'm sure those who are more into maths or hardware will understand what it implies)

yeh, i kinda noticed the OPC being kinda quiet... oh well, i'll leave it up as it doesn't cost me anything to keep it online (and besides you never know when a back forum will be needed)

yeh i had a b-day, i've been 18 since the 1st of august. (i got a letter from parliment that more or less said "congratulations on becoming 18, although we realise that politics is probably gonna be the last thing on your mind at the moment...[yadda yadda yadda]... we just want to say we don't mind which party you choose to vote for as long as it isn't the other one." (that wasn't word for word, but it had the same meaning)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Not Dead!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 11:07:59 AM »
Really???? They don't do that here in the USA.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Not Dead!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 11:36:49 AM »
yea, they start telling you who to vote for in the womb lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

xfir

Not Dead!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 11:49:21 AM »
What about AMD's Clawhammer? Or Pentium's new processor?

I Believe both are shooting for a 64-bit CPU system (Right now, we are at like 16-bit) and going in different ways, which means that the processor will determine which software you can run.

http://www.againsttcpa.com has a bit of info about Windows Longhorn, and what could happen if they continue.

Offline Zircon

Not Dead!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 01:17:45 PM »
Im happy with mr Savant in the corner here :rolleyes:

booh, TCPA and whatever they wanna call it, The thinkpad with it's fritz chip :angry:
The really bad thing is that all manufacturers have agreed to the thing, so not even AMD is a way out :(  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 01:19:29 PM by Zircon »

Offline OP2Patriot

Not Dead!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 03:01:34 PM »
Mr. Savant? Finally, Mr. Cheese's replacement. About time.

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

xfir

Not Dead!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 03:18:34 PM »
Im happy with mr Savant in the corner here :rolleyes:

booh, TCPA and whatever they wanna call it, The thinkpad with it's fritz chip :angry:
The really bad thing is that all manufacturers have agreed to the thing, so not even AMD is a way out :(
Hmm.. what about Cyrix? We can all switch to them.. or try to make our own (I can see someone's house burning down because of that).. :P

Offline Ezekel

Not Dead!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 07:19:43 AM »
... quickly went off topic...

Offline Coconut Monkey

Not Dead!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2003, 08:27:48 AM »
i already got a copy of XP, but there is no point upgrading my OS to XP cos i would have to reformat (when i reinstalled, i was merely upgrading 98 to 98SE so it didn't need a reformat) and i'm gonna get a new computer by the latest of next summer (i mean i will need a brand new one for starting university, won't i?).
probably be a new version of windows by then anywho... heh ;)
You shouldn't have to format to install WinXP. You should be able to install to your current FAT32 partition. Sure, you'll have to reinstall all of your programs and maybe deal with a lack of WinXP drivers for some pieces of hardware, but it's well worth it! You can also convert your drive to NTFS in WinXP once you have installed.
Minmaxing the world since '82

"Making it all make sense." - Windows 3.0 Reference Manual

Offline RipperKhan

• http://newvitech.com
Not Dead!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2003, 11:58:05 AM »
upgradeing to xp is easy i have done it many of times sincei keep scewing up the comp trying things out and stuff, but usually before u upgrade it ask u to scan to see wut hardware nad software will be compatible, and believe me most of hte stuff does exept sum drivers wich u just delete before upgradeing, most of the time xp has most generic drivers for everything, but i suggest upgradeing to xp pro since home edit. jsut suxs it lock up sum comps, and doesnth ave all the benefits that pro does.i even loaded xp pro on my 116 and it is a laptop, and it works fine exept i got no hd space lol.
anywasy try might fix sum problem u got, and for sound prolems make sure u got newist dirext driers, not enless u scrwed it up phyically :(

Offline Ezekel

Not Dead!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 06:09:35 AM »
well now everything is working, i have to say, whats teh point?

everything is wokring, so why risk upgrading, and then searching tehhouse for printer and mouse CD/disk...
anywho, like i said i only need this comp for about a year longer

Offline Coconut Monkey

Not Dead!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 09:54:01 AM »
well now everything is working, i have to say, whats teh point?

everything is wokring, so why risk upgrading, and then searching tehhouse for printer and mouse CD/disk...
anywho, like i said i only need this comp for about a year longer
WinXP would come with most drivers, so you probably wouldn't have to worry about that. Plus, no more precautionary reboots or strange crashes!

But, if you're happy with Win98, then by all means stay with it.
Minmaxing the world since '82

"Making it all make sense." - Windows 3.0 Reference Manual

Offline RipperKhan

Not Dead!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 11:33:40 AM »
it not hrd to upgrade there is no risk in it, plus for sum odd reason if it doesnt work u can unistall itl ike any other app, u go to the add remove programs and unistall itfrom there and your system will be back to normal again

Offline Zircon

Not Dead!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2003, 01:57:49 PM »
RipperKhan: it not hrd to upgrade there is no risk in it

Zircon: *cough* You're taking water over your head, I can tell you of the first time i installed xp...
I did an upgrade, around 90% it reported an error but continued... I restarted, I got myself a win98 winxp hybrid which wouldn't start or even accept my boot disc correctly, I had to install a second HD and force backup the non-messed up files in the original hd...

It's rare but complete [insert ugly word] can occur...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 01:58:31 PM by Zircon »

Offline <NH> Cameron1032

Not Dead!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2003, 10:11:17 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 10:11:33 PM by <NH> Cameron1032 »
What is it good for? Absolutly nothing!

Offline Zircon

Not Dead!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2003, 09:45:10 AM »
bah  <_<

Such a mac isnt good for anything else then 3d modelling (which it's very good at) and as it cannot play any games, thumbdown...

I'd rather have TCPA enabled hardware then a mac in my house...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 09:46:10 AM by Zircon »

Offline Ezekel

Not Dead!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2003, 12:25:55 PM »
*finishes customising his profile*
i dunno why didn't do it when i first signed up on this forum...

Offline OP2Patriot

Not Dead!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2003, 03:47:30 PM »
Nice avatar. I probably should update my profile myself.

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline Ezekel

Not Dead!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2003, 07:42:10 AM »
well, you have changed your name...

*thinks back* i wonder what happened to PGP (plymouth green party)...

...why'd i mention that here?....

oh, and looking at things, if i can figure out my router's ID (and hence my computers full IP address) i will be able to play TCP/IP games of OP2 with ppl over the internet....
look out all the OP loner is comin' for yer! (lol ;))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 07:42:49 AM by Ezekel »

Offline RipperKhan

Not Dead!
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2003, 12:03:47 PM »
do u know how to acces your router ez?if u dont look in the manual for the ip, if u stil have or go to the manufacters website for the router u got and view the manual for it to find wuts the default ip for the router

xfir

Not Dead!
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2003, 10:14:50 PM »
Ezekel , try looking in the file forum. I sent PGP an email and he said he would check the forum out later.. and by the way, it is good to see you are still alive. :P

Offline zhukant

Not Dead!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 05:13:17 PM »
Hey! it's mid 2005 now, so I guess you haven't been dead for quite a wile now... uh not that you every were (as you said). The title of the thread is ironic though, because the thread's been dead since 2003. Heh.
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could