Author Topic: Rate yourself.  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Kramy

Rate yourself.
« on: July 03, 2004, 05:52:39 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering what everyone's strengths and weaknesses are, on a scale of one to a hundred. Take lev, for example...

Expanding: 80
Attacking: 60
Defending: 40
Teching: ??

Leviathan blasts outwards, unless he knows that it will get him killed. His attacks are decisive and nasty, and quite often shred multiple newbies at once. If you get him in a corner, he's not the best defender, but he is very hard to beat on pie v1.3, where he can funnel-kill your units. <_< On an open map pure rushing overwhelms him.

Then Betaray:

Expanding: 20
Attacking: ??
Defending: ??
Teching: 90

Betaray dies fast if you get his few smelters. Beware though, since he usually has heavy firepower when you first attack. (Ex Railguns when your mics get in his base, or thors when your RPG's do)

--------------------------------------------------

Btw, did I mention I lost 28 mics to Lev's 8 mics+2 emp? :P Yeah, I know, pretty pathetic on my part. :blush: You're probably wondering two things though...
A ) How did lev kill 28 mics with 8 mics+2 emp?
B ) How did I get 28 mics when lev only had 10 vehicles?

The answers are...
A ) Leviathan funnel-killed them as they poured through the puny pie entrance. :(
B ) I killed his. :)

I'm happy today. :lol:
-Kramy

Offline RedXIII

• http://www.battletechmodproductions.com
Rate yourself.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 08:34:54 PM »
Expanding: 50
Attacking: 10
Defending: 70
Teching: 100

I lack the capability to both manage my base and fight at the same time, oftentimes forcing me to transfer my units to my allies. I also have fewer smelters/veh vactories than most, however, for what I make up in quantity, I usually make up in quality. I Always manage to get the best techs to put full production in my stuff. I managed to, with only two smelters and two veh factories, get an equal amount of Laser Lynxes as Lev had Mic Lynxes. However, being Laser Lynxes, they died rather quickly.
-Nanaki 'RedXIII' Leroux

A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat roar the two enraged in a death's embrace the coiled serpent crushes both. A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat with care, the pouncing cat watches the coiled serpent crushes the hunting cat, a new star is born.
- T

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Rate yourself.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 09:14:33 PM »
lev will probably dissagree:

Expanding: 45
Attacking: 45
Defending: 60

I tend to like to center my colony around my mine, which is why I like Land rush better, I can choose how I want to lay-out my colony.  I normally don't get a lot of attack vehicles up that fast, but when the colonies are far apart or I have teammates watching my back, I can normally work out some kind of stratedgey that can give me an edge.  Defending is the same, I suck at defending at close range, not having enough time to build up my thick walls :) .  A lot of the time, I can get weapon technologies fast, but I lack the needed resources.  And I probably shouldn't have posted my main weaknesses when I am still waiting for my next game in the 1 vs 1 tourney, lol
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 11:54:02 PM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline plymoth45

Rate yourself.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 09:29:14 PM »
Expanding: 50
Attacking: 55
Defending: 50

I tend to forget to do some reaserch sometimes, that is my biggest weakness, and another is i never build enough stickys at the start to hault an atk.

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Rate yourself.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 10:03:31 AM »
Expanding: 60
Attacking: 44.45758768787546854654687
Teching:80
that is what i am woth for OP2 !!
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Kramy

Rate yourself.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 11:39:51 AM »
Btw, on a scale up to 100, 100 means you waste NO time whatsoever. If you reach 100 in something, then chances are you're losing in other areas, because you'll stop what you're doing to make sure you don't lose any time in that area.

Also, perhaps I should clear up expanding. 100 means you always have 100% of your workers busy, perhaps in new smelters in your base, behind your base, or vehicle plants churning out units.

If you don't expand beyond your own base, chances are you're under 40-50 in expanding.

Defending is the measure of your ability to survive rushing with less units. Defenders always funnel-kill on pie, but lev is not a defender due to dieing easier on open maps.

Attacking is the measure of your ability to rush units, and kill more units with less. Attackers must be strategic. Lev is quite a strong attacker, although I think I'm a stronger attacker, because if I wasn't I wouldn't be able to kill his units at the start, repeatedly, in almost every game we play.

-Kramy

Offline RedXIII

Rate yourself.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 12:00:35 PM »
In that case, I am higher with expanding, and lower with defending.
-Nanaki 'RedXIII' Leroux

A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat roar the two enraged in a death's embrace the coiled serpent crushes both. A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat with care, the pouncing cat watches the coiled serpent crushes the hunting cat, a new star is born.
- T

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
Rate yourself.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 12:04:49 PM »
Hmm....

Expanding: 30
Attacking: 30
Defending: 80
Teching: 70

When it comes to Expanding my base and attacking I stink. But, when it comes to defending myself from Leviathans or somebody elses attacks I can stand my ground for a while until I run out of ore. In team battles with leviathan most of the time it comes down to a win for us because I mostly make defensive moves and units (esg, emp units or missle, sticky) while lev attacks. My stickys would hold an attack, the emp disables the units, then the esgs attacks and destroy.
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120
OS[/b]Windows Vista Home Premium x64
:P I'm a Hardware freak ><

Offline Leviathan

Rate yourself.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 01:24:35 PM »
hmm

Micro: 60, need improvement and 2 not leave units doing nothing
Macro: 90+ most of the time
Researsh: 90, good with worker/sci managent
Expanding: Good :) ill usealy get rare so then i can safely get more ore.
Attacking: 85, effective most of the time
Defending: 90, make use of stickys 2 slow units down.

etc

Offline Kramy

Rate yourself.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 01:44:12 PM »
Man, I'm rating people way lower than anyone else. :P Bell Curve...
-Kramy

Offline Toshiro

Rate yourself.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 11:56:50 PM »
Expanding: 40
Attacking: 40
Defending: 30
Teching: 30

Yeap, Teh noob. Expanding is like completle random. sometimes i expand, sometimes i don't. Most of the times i don't expand.
I cannot attack properly because i get 2 much concentrated. I tend to over-micro or under-micro when i'm concentrating on teching.
At defending i simply choke without knowing what to do. No defences are laid on, and i tend to stop microing just to pull off xtra lynxes from the facts, losing a whole bunch of them in the process.
And then i get completly lost. I tech good in the first marks of the game, but i usually stop before rpg's giving me a disadvantage. Only when i see enemy rpg's or rails i remember to get my tech done, making me lose control of my attack.

Used to simple military / tech in starcraft, so i lost myself many times trying to figure out what to do when.

Offline ZeusBD

Rate yourself.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 12:04:12 AM »
I haven't played in over 2 1/2 - 3 years, so I have no idea how much I suck. I could rate myself on how I used to be:

Expanding: 80
Attacking: 85
Teching: 100

I used to get thors by mark 90 on Pie and kill everyone around me. I used to take on 3v1 against the noobs and then never saw them on again playing (maybe I shouldn't have spanked them so bad). I certainly wouldn't say that I was one of the best on OP2, but I think that I could stick myself somewhere in the top 10.

Of course, that's where I used to be at, now, I might be just above the level of a noob.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 03:22:24 PM by ZeusBD »
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Rate yourself.
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 06:05:52 PM »
myself, that was just one game where I didnt have enough ore to build more smelters

I normally have at least 3 smelters to a good mine, and at least 2 to a reg/bad one, and 3 vec facts contantly churning out units

expanding 40-50

offencive, being eden most of the time, I normally dont rush, and stick to the defencive at the beginning, but once I get units, I use sheer numbers and firepower, along with some lynx to flank

attacking 10 at beginning 70 later in game

defending at the beginning like I said above I go on the defence, and try to get lynx as fast as I can, and I keep expanding a multy level defence for myself

defence 80

teaching 90 I regularly get thors before tm 150
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline RedXIII

Rate yourself.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 02:23:32 PM »
I am a little slower on Thors primarily because I am too buzy trying to get Efficiency Engineering and Smelter Post-processing so I can get a lot out of what few I have.
-Nanaki 'RedXIII' Leroux

- T

Offline Drakmar

Rate yourself.
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 09:54:51 PM »
Expanding - 90
Attacking - 85
Defending - 60
Teching - 100
Micro Management - 40 (I only build what I need, nothing more)
Macro - 85+

I would defend, build another base, defend it, and attack majorly.

Offline Rondt

Rate yourself.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 07:38:33 PM »
The real thing you need to be good, Is a plan and it has to be decided on at the start then once you have it to exicute it
I can rush with the best and if you get a good spot that is always a sure way to win, But there are several spots on pie with long ore and you are crasy to try and rush from there.
learn to defend the rush and you will be a beter player and never ever stop reserching that is also impotant

So when the game starts look at your mine position and decide atack or defend if you are going to defend get rare and ESG asap that will stop them cold
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 07:39:53 PM by Rondt »

Offline Leviathan

Rate yourself.
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 12:29:30 PM »
Yea i need 2 edit the mines on pie and bring them closer 2 the smelters so its more fair.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Rate yourself.
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 04:51:11 AM »
My noob stats are too embarassing to list but I think I should get +10 bonus points in attacking for creativity! Fear my Tokamak/Advanced lab rush! That's right, pity all those fools who challenged me and then died laughing! :lol:

Actually my favorite part to most games is when you know you don't have a chance (which is all too often for me) but you want to see how long you can last. It's all about self destructing your last units or getting that extra CC up just in time to keep the game going another half hour. Besides, it's not winning that's fun so much as playing the dirtiest game you can. :D Admittedly, my tube sabatoge has become nonexistent as of late but starflares can sometimes be a nice substitute early in the game. And once in a while it's nice to choose some other way of killing someone then leveling their CC. OP2 has many options here for you to explore.

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
Rate yourself.
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 02:35:37 AM »
My rates are
Tech 100
others 0
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline zeritou

Rate yourself.
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 07:42:08 PM »

i stink

i think its cause i dont move the mouse fast enough and don have the hotkeys memorized, if the game is set up for 1000 mark i can usually get a decent defense

p.s. these numbers are in the format of the first post
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Rate yourself.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 09:21:18 PM »
I'm:

Expanding: 55
Attacking: 15 (Until I get my forces built up then it's around 60)
Defending: 65
Teching: 65 (I just reaseach till I get EMP, then I stop unless the games going to be 3hrs+)

Offline Tellaris

Rate yourself.
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 03:14:50 PM »
hmm...   This is how I remember my playing on WON and recent sp games.

Expanding: 40
Attacking: 20
Defending: 50
Teching: 80

Others:
BASE BUILDER

In otherwords, I don't get much in the way of units, thus I am VERY bad against rushers.    However, if let alone long enough, I will usually have a VERY powerful economy and will begin churning out as many units as I can.   I concentrate a little more on defence posts then units, unlike most players, who take one look at them and laugh.   I find defence posts can make good supportive buildings.   I also easily build a large population.   If let alone still, I start setting up multiple bases...

If I'm in the "Back" and its not the World map, I'll support my allies, supplying tanks, and if neccessary, structures and minerals.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline ZeusBD

Rate yourself.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 03:20:37 PM »
Ah, a team player. How long has it been since you've played?
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Tellaris

Rate yourself.
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 03:22:38 PM »
I'd also like to add that its actually very good to get a trade center up.   If an ally gets whiped, you can jumpstart them again, so long as their entire population dosn't get killed from lack of food or morale.   This has to be done FAST.

2 or 3 years ago.   I don't quite remember.   I suck at attacking, so I usually play support.   Unless I'm front line.   I go from  :/ to :) to :( to :(( to oh crap, that was short...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 03:24:37 PM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.