Author Topic: What languages do you use?  (Read 5991 times)

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
What languages do you use?
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 07:38:27 AM »
Somethings only accept Delphi dlls. For example, i copied this from Game Maker 5 help file:

In those cases were the functionality of GML is not enough for your wishes, you can actually extend the possibilities by using plug-ins. A plug-in comes in the form of a DLL file (a Dynamic Link Library). In such a DLL file you can define functions. Such functions can be programmed in a programming language that supports the creation of DLL's. Game Maker is only compatible with the programming language Delphi. Plug-in functions must have a specific format. They can have between 0 and 11 arguments, each of which can either be a real number or a null-terminated string. (For more than 4 arguments, only real arguments are supported at the moment.) They must return either a real or a null-terminated string.

In Delphi you create a DLL by first choosing New from the File menu and then choosing DLL. Here is an example of a DLL you can use with Game Maker written in Delphi. (Note that this is Delphi code, not GML code!)
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2004, 03:05:45 PM »
I only know a bit of Delphi, used to know a lot of mIRC script, a tiny bit of Perl/CGI, and PHP. Mostly internet-related languages, as you see.

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »
Why not make a new programming language just for OP2 (VERY simple), save in .txt and a copiler (to translate this VERY simple programming language just for OP2 to c++ DLLs).

Just an idea. I don't know if is makebale or complicated or just a stupid idea. Like I said, just an idea (good one).

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 02:31:15 AM »