Author Topic: When game developing goes awall  (Read 1541 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
When game developing goes awall
« on: June 30, 2004, 11:05:33 AM »
I've been looking around the net for the last couple of days to find any shred of info on the pas OP3 projects.  The one thing I did find hinted to me that they were trying to introduce elements from other games.  Now, as you all know, I'm not a programmer, I don't know the first thing about programming, but I do know this: trying to combine games is like trying to set water on fire; without the proper chemicals, it isn't going to work.  In that case, they were not compensating for the combination.  So I ask all of you, why bother trying to combine games when there is no way to know exactally what is needed for a balance?

BTW, I was realy tired, and forgot to save the URL :mellow:
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

xfir

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 12:54:29 PM »
You mean AWOL...

Anyway, by combining games, they more or less refer to "stealing" ideas from other companies for use in their own programs.. its a very practical solution if your budget is short of creativity.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 03:06:01 PM »
but only if you know how to balance the components.  Many forget that small detail in the programming, which is why I think so many have failed.

BTW, same difference
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names