Author Topic: Suggestions!  (Read 6127 times)

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Suggestions!
« on: June 21, 2004, 04:49:57 PM »
I would like to know what will happen when all the items are gone!......Refill?
If So......Why not make there be unlimited items!
like I mean there are currently 7 extra%%% I don't mean to let everyone have 1oo%%% I mean to just suggest that there would be more! what about the newer Members? they will get none!
Also.......The point of credits? you get 100%%% then you glow....open close....pin...then......well......i guess they have a amall point so thats good gut my main point is that there should be more items and more of them in stock!...............................................................................................Also just if you don't like that there would be more....Why not make there be unlimited and a limit per member!
what do you think?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 04:51:36 PM by OP2 Rules »
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

xfir

Suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:49:26 PM »
Ug, if the mod generates this many questions, then maybe I should just take it offline.

More or less, the store virtually does nothing. Nor has it.

It is merely a way for the community to get back from the large amount of useful and intelligent posting they do (the spam is deleted and subtracted).

The lack of items is due to the fact that (most) require a hard mod to the forum and that takes time I could instead spend on maintaining the atmosphere so newer users can enjoy the Outpost Universe without worry about inappropriate materials hitting them.

Its all a matter of making sure that parents who are concerned with what their child visits can be relieved in knowing that the forum is a decent and well upkept forum.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

Suggestions!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 10:13:19 AM »
Could you have a Outpost Army system?
Like the xfir Networks forum had but replacing...

Eleves and Swords,
With
Eden and Lazer Lynx.

And Similar Outpost stuff,
If you know what I mean.

That would be Genius.
 :)

xfir

Suggestions!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 06:22:39 PM »
That would also encourage spam.

I am not going to install an army system nor a RPG at this time. If I deem it worthy, I may later on, but not at the current time.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

Suggestions!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 10:13:50 PM »
OK, your the Boss,

But after all it was only a Suggestion.  :)

Offline ZeusBD

Suggestions!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 08:03:44 AM »
Also, installing new mod's can sometimes mess up the boards. I have installed a mod or two that knocked my forum's offline for a day or two while I tried to find out exactly what broke. In a forum this busy, it would be a risk.

Better chance of seeing it in the other xfir forum
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:04:04 AM by ZeusBD »
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Suggestions!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 08:04:48 AM »
Not to argue, but it would be fun! And if spam starts.........Block or ban! as simple as that!
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline ZeusBD

Suggestions!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 08:19:31 AM »
But the thing is, most error's made when installing mod's, is installation problems (i.e. you didn't follow instruction's completey). Some are just because they did something wrong within the install instruction's (once I saw someone put a capital letter in one place (a function command) and then a regular letter in another that was looking for the function. PHP is very stingy about that. If you have one letter capitalized that shouldn't be, it could make the whole thing not work.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

xfir

Suggestions!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 11:29:41 AM »
Actually, that depends on the OS. Windows doesn't care if its "help" or "HELP," it will still find it. Linux is verypicky about it though.

I have knocked the forums offline because of mods.. nothing too serious. Some mods I installed but never made public (Ladder system).

We are using original files (patched and IbShout/IbStore modded tho).

Offline ZeusBD

Suggestions!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 11:35:07 AM »
Like if you go to act=arcade or act=Arcade, it will work one way and not the other (depending on which arcade your using, shadow or IBPro).

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Suggestions!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 03:45:55 PM »
Well yea, thats based on the entries in the array inside index.php.

it doesn't convert to lower/uppercase so it looks for the key that matches exactly the key.

(Btw xfir: I think you can turn off/on case sensitivity thru a setting in php.ini, assuming you can edit php.ini, which isn't the case on this system.)

As far as for the filesystem, it's picky for filenames. (and unfortunately, the only way to change this is to modify the kernel and recompile, and only root can touch vmlinuz anyway).

Offline Tellaris

Suggestions!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 11:05:10 PM »
Ohh OH!   I got one!   If you ever decide to do it...

This also relies if the prices change or not, I'm a noob, so I don't know.   If they do:

JUNKS!   Items with no use whatsoever!   Buy cheap!   Sell high!   This would require a sell button too...
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline ZeusBD

Suggestions!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 11:30:05 AM »
There is an item that does absolutely nothing available..but that would be a waste of Xfir's time and webspace (though it is only a couple of Kbs).

Offline <emp>(elementals)Eric

Suggestions!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 10:56:24 PM »
in the op2dl section, in the directions you should have one that said unzip unto the folder C:\Sierra\Outpost2 it would seriously help. I had a cousine and a friend try out the game, they didn't put it in the folder so it wouldn't work. My cousin was easy to fix but my friend is in oregon so could you do that?
I live in my own little world where don't push me or i'll shove you is the only rule!

Offline Leviathan

Suggestions!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 05:35:10 AM »
The installer is the whole game so it dosent matter where you install it to.

If you want to install it to that directory you can select it in the install.

I dont think we can set the default install directory using the rar installer we use.

Offline Mez

Suggestions!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 09:31:50 AM »
Yes Lev u can set a default extract directory in winrar, if u need help changing it then ill do it for you. Tell me on irc an ill do it for u

Offline jesusfreak06

Suggestions!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 11:15:43 PM »
suggestion... for the GM poles, why set a date for when the pole bloses, but a percentage (as far as i no, didn't only like 11 people vote?) make it like 90 or more % of the people who belong to the forum, that way u can make sure it's the majority, not just the lucky 30 people who saw the topic. u should also send out PM's to all the people so they no what's doin down w/ the GM pole.  
I am a dork! but hey, i'm a Christian dork.

Offline mustang09-06

Suggestions!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 12:52:50 AM »
Well the longer you prolong the poll the longer it takes to get a new GM. Granted the whole forum isn't gonna see the poll by the time it's closed but that's just how things go.  If it wasn't too much of a hassle though mayb lev or op2hacker could mass PM all the members with a link to the poll so there would at least be more voting than the current 11. lol It's got some time on it yet and some members prolly are just gonna wait to vote. (which is okay) Others prolly don't want a part in it too.

Offline Leviathan

Suggestions!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 04:36:13 AM »
Ok mustang I will send out a mass mail this week inculding telling people about the poll.

Offline mustang09-06

Suggestions!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 12:29:07 AM »
Thanks Lev. It at least gives everyone a fair shot at voting. You know what I mean. No rush though if u don't have the time then no biggie.  It's just a suggestion (in the suggestion topic. . . .boy how convient? lol :P)

Offline jesusfreak06

Suggestions!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 07:41:33 AM »
lol, cause not just 11 people should pick the GM, lol. cause then it would seem more like a popularity contest; we need the people who have been here and who no the people who r "running" and who have seen their work in the op forums to decide who the next GM is. good job lev, a mass mail is a good idea.  

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Suggestions!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 09:41:17 AM »
Nevertheless I believe that not all registered Members know the candidates too well and probably just give a random vote.
There are many who haven't ever been active on this forum. Is it really a good idea to urge them to vote, although they don't have much of a clue whats going on here?
(I don't say, there aren't inactive members who know quite well, but thats the minority)

Offline mustang09-06

Suggestions!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 11:00:15 AM »
Well that's the risks of running. Personally I know the it200us, and Mezza could do a good job as GM even if they did win by random vote. (that's the reason for the poll) All the candidates wouldn't be candidates if they were just to screw up the forum and cause problems so even if a newer member just went random they would still be picking a person who would take on the responsibility as GM.

Offline jesusfreak06

Suggestions!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 12:33:01 PM »
i don't quite understand y garrett was taken off being a GM and became a forum moderater instead.. how and y did that happen?  :huh:  

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Suggestions!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 01:53:23 PM »
Garrett was never a GM for the whole boards. He only has permissions to perform "mass moderation" for the OP3 sections of the board, that is he can do things like pruning of topics in those sections, etc.

He shouldn't be able to access moderation for any other part of the forum. Therefore that makes him a 'normal' or section level moderator, not a global mod.