Author Topic: Now I need a little help :)  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Now I need a little help :)
« on: June 17, 2004, 09:27:30 PM »
a while back my dad baught a Thrustmaster Flight system, it cost him about $300 and came with a Top Gun Joystick, an Attack Throttle and Elite Rudder pedals

the system was origionally designed for windows 95 but I was able to make it work on my old computer which was using windows 98, my dads new computer has windows XP and the flight system does not work with it, apperently XP does not recognise the system, or the computer is just too new

what im asking is that ive heard that its possible for the computer to act as though it is win 95 or 98 for certon programs/hardware, I was just wondering if I could do that on this computer, because my dad wants to play Microsoft Combat flight sim 3, and I want to play Mechwarrior 4 :D  
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:40:27 PM »
I know how to do it with programs, but not hardware...does the equipment come with software?  if so I can tell you how to get the software to run
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 09:47:02 PM »
the software is on a cd rom, it is called Thrustmaster Attack throttle for windows 95 it is version 2.1
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 10:05:46 PM »
load it, then find the executible.  Go to the properties of the .exe and click the compatibility tab. click the box in the compatibility section.  Select Windows 95
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Coconut Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 02:44:35 PM »
If you have an old gameport joystick there (and I'm positive you do), you will probably have to add it to Windows XP manually, via Control Panel->Game Controllers->Add (I wouldn't try using Windows 95 drivers in Windows XP!). Scroll down, and look for your setup. If you can't find the exact model, see if you can match it up with one of the other, "generic" drivers, based on how many buttons and axis' you have.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 02:45:05 PM by Coconut Monkey »
Minmaxing the world since '82

"Making it all make sense." - Windows 3.0 Reference Manual

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 06:25:16 PM »
achelly its kinda weard, its the throttle that pluges into the computer, the rudder peddlels plug into the throttle, and the joystick plugs into the rudder peddels, nuntheless, im tring what you said, lets see if it works lol

ok, im having the same problem as before, I found the exact driver for it and it is installed, the problem is that the system is sending random commands to the computer, the joystick is sending left and right signals extremly fast while buttons 1 and 2 are fireing intermittently, the throttle and its buttons are unresponcive, and so are the rudder peddels and the point of view hat

any idea on how to remidy the problem?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 06:40:03 PM by Betaray »

Offline Kramy

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 06:51:21 PM »
Look for the company's site and see if they have windows XP drivers.
-Kramy

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 07:54:11 PM »
well I took your advice but now ive got more bad news, this is from www.thrustmaster.com

Activator for Attack Throttle

NOTE: About Windows XP Compatibility

The following product was conceived before Windows XP, and is using technology that is either incompatible or unsupported. No support will be provide for this product on that operating system.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

this sux for me

Offline Mez

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 06:20:23 AM »
The only other way is to create another partion on your HDD and install win 98, it will only need like 2 GB if you do a compact instalation, The problem with this is that u will either have to configure/turn off the usb ports in win98 by disabling them (then u dont have any having to remove ur usb divices) as i doubt there will be drivers for usb 2.0 for win95!.  u could then set up a LILO boot to select xp or the win 98 instalation. when u boot.