Author Topic: savegame editor  (Read 3785 times)

Offline zeritou

savegame editor
« on: May 25, 2004, 08:09:27 PM »
one of the most fundamental and first hack of a game is usually a trainer, fallowed buy a save game editor then a map editor, so in accordance with this WHERE IS A SAVEGAME EDITOR?  i found:

sgame0.op2
sgame1.op2
sgame10.op2
sgame2.op2
and i think sgame3.op2

how can i edit them
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
savegame editor
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 09:33:23 PM »
Usually not true, and there isn't one for OP2.

sgame[0-10].op2 are the saved game files, yes. (The number depends on the slot you saved it in.)

In short: THERE IS NO SAVE GAME EDITOR, FOOL :P *gets slaughtered by an angry mob*

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
savegame editor
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 12:35:12 AM »
Well, it's been years since I've looked into it, but I think the save game files were fairly similar to the .map files. And don't save game editors usually come before trainers? The same principles apply to save game editing as to trainers but without the comlication of address spaces. Anyways, I remember being able to edit how much ore I had before getting bored with the idea. (Actually I went on and tried to figure out how to edit fumaroles, which failed miserably due to reasons I only now understand. At that point I had lost interest and left it alone  :whistle: ).

So no, don't look at me. I don't have any of that code left. But it was easily done with QBasic so if you have any programming experience, it shouldn't be too hard to edit a few minor things.

Offline Kramy

savegame editor
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 12:50:19 AM »
I recall someone saying saved games store a copy of the entire map in them. Figure out the map format, then the rest is the saved game.
-Kramy

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
savegame editor
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 09:31:27 PM »
Of course they do. That's why they work without the original .dll or .map.

Offline zeritou

savegame editor
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 11:02:37 AM »
so hooman you want to try to figure it out again? it would be greatly appreciated

also using kramy's info i got an idea, could it be possible to save a multiplayer game and play it over the course of a month, each time having to start a ne game but playing it on the saved map, and dont tell me if you want to do it just tell me if its possible
how to insult a klingon:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
savegame editor
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 11:42:05 AM »
outpost2.exe would need to be modified to load your saved multiplayer game...

Offline zeritou

savegame editor
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 07:10:45 PM »
not to load it, to save it as a map for example, i played levi, saved it then went to play kramy a month later, but i "load" myself into levi's colony and kramy gets my weak one
how to insult a klingon:

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
savegame editor
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 04:17:52 AM »
actually the save games do not store the map in them at all. they are basically written in the same form as the .dll files of each mission.
in truth when you load a game, you are just calling up scripts from the save game file in the same way as if you were initiating a new game.

it doesn't store the map itself, what it does store is unit locations, current tasks/commands, possibly some pathfinding information, the time count, and any disasters (and their current attributes).

basically, like i said, its as if you are loading a mission, cos that is how i assume the game looks at it. (missions can start with units in patrol paths, and with structures already damaged... and probably with disasters already in effect, i wouldn't know about that last one though... unless you count a blight-countdown-till-arrival in the missions as a sort of disaster already running at the start... but then, is it a countdown, or is it a script: blight appear at (x,y) at count 2000?)

[size=8]edit: basically when we have a mission editor, we'll not be far from a save game editor[/size]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 04:18:48 AM by Ezekel »
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
savegame editor
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 07:59:33 AM »
It's not executable like the DLL's are.

I've poked in the save game format and have found out what's in it:

1) the picture that appears on the save/load screen (yes, it doesn't autogenerate that from the other data.. the bitmap info is stored in the file, because I've edited it before)

2) a modified copy of the .map being used for the mission. (I think it cuts out the tileset at the end... not totally sure though)

3) information like the DLL name, and a state of all the units, triggers, etc that are needed to recreate the game to the saved state.

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
savegame editor
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 08:10:26 AM »
oh yeh,i forgot about the littlepic of the map... heh

thx for pointing that out
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 08:10:37 AM by Ezekel »
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!