Author Topic: Festival and Outpost2 voices  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Punboy

Festival and Outpost2 voices
« on: April 29, 2004, 11:32:09 PM »
I'm working on making a voice for the Festival Speech Synthesis System (http://www.festvox.org) so I can make the savant in my project sound like the one in OP2. Or OP1 if I can get ahold of the sound files. Anybody happen to have a compiled list of what each voice file says? That would make it much easier, then I can post the voice online.
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Phantom

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 01:05:37 AM »
I have no idea how to get that stuff...

You can however try my way.

1. Play op2. And make sure your sound recording program is set to "What U Hear".

2. Press record, and then do whatever you need in order to get the savant sounds you want.

3. Then, using a WAV editor, you can separate the sound files into seperate mp3s or whatever.

Note: This process is long, and I would only use it if there is no other way to record all sounds.

Offline Punboy

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 01:19:40 AM »
I could just "devol" the sounds from the sounds.vol in OP2. I'm basically just lazy and don't want to go through and write down the sentences for each and every sound file (i think there are 291).

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »
As far as I know, the voices text aren't written anywhere... the best way is to just extract them all and you'd have to write down everything they said.

Btw... you aren't copying stuff directly out of the savant voices, are you? that would be a violation of copyright, most likely.

Offline Punboy

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 05:21:18 PM »
Technically not. I have a program that uses the sentences and the sound files to create a synthetic voice for Festival. The sound files are never actually used IN the voice, they're just analyzed. Hmmm.... bah, i'll write it all down tonight.