Poll

Do you think we should make an Outpost store?

Yes
17 (73.9%)
No
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Should GCU make a Outpost Store?  (Read 5278 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Should GCU make a Outpost Store?
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 12:10:14 AM »
Stores are not easy to work with. Trust me... I know. I own one. Well, technically two. A real one and an online eBay store (linked with my company's webpage).

Also, something I'd had a thought about:

I'm not some dumb kid spouting about copyright this, that and the other thing. I've done the research for my own products both hardware and software. Well... I'm not a kid either. Technically I'm an adult. Technically, I'm an butthead too...  :heh:

But then again, that could just be me.

Anyway, as far as charging for the CD/PACKAGING and whatnot, there's no problem there so long as one is not making a profit on someone elses work.

Anyway, I would like to say this:

So far, OP3 seems to be shaping up quite nicely. Despite the fact that I don't have much time devoted to playing games anymore, I'm still very much looking forward to seeing it completed.

And I'm in no way putting OP3 or any other OP Universe game down. In fact, I'd very much encourage it. I think it's great that people still love the OP series of games. I'll tell you, I remember when OP2 was released years ago. It was probably my favorite game at the time! It's a shame there probably won't be any other official releases.

But I digress.

Toodaloo!

:op2: Leeor Dicker

============================================================
ARGH! I'm getting good at forgetting things!

Anyway, Garrett, I have a few suggestions in terms of a 'store' type deal. Contact me for more information.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 12:12:06 AM by leeor_net »

Offline Nomi Sunrider

• http://www.angelfire.com/on/mystica
Should GCU make a Outpost Store?
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 03:12:24 AM »
Has anyone looked into the possibility of a CafePress shop?  This is a fairly easy, fairly appordable place for small groups and organizations to provide products to customers without having to buy a bunch of inventory in advance and then get stuck with unwanted merchandise later on.  Check this one out as an example: KFSS Studios CafePress store

You'd have to get a logo that was legal to use and all, but I think this would be a great way to get started.  Just something you might want to think about! :D  
There are other forces at work in this world... besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought. ~Gandalf

Get FireFox!  Rediscover the Web!