Author Topic: Can we get more traffic?  (Read 1920 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Can we get more traffic?
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:39:06 PM »
Clearly there are plenty of posts on these forums and a number of users. But, there has to be a way to make it more active somehow.

On the Outpost: Missing In Action website as well as my others, I have a link to this site. But, I don't think a simple link will do it.

I figure if all of us who have sites posted up on servers other than this one that we might be able to get more people around. It'd be great to have more people playing OP2 and eventually OP:MIA (when it's released). Like a webring sort of thing. And then those of us who are programmers could write our own Battle.net type proggie that'll launch the games and can allow users to chat.

Am I crazy in thinking this? Or are there those who have thought along similar lines?

Later!

Leeor...  :op2:

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Can we get more traffic?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:52:52 PM »
You keep saying "OP:MIA! OP:MIA!" almost every time you post... it'd be good if you mentioned it less often.

What we would have to do is not only to have more members join this board, but to play OP2. If they don't like OP2, then I don't think they would want to join an OP2 board.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Can we get more traffic?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 12:11:18 AM »
Well, you have two good points. First, I do mention OPMIA too much. No need for it. Done.

And second, true. If someone doesn't like OP2, then they're not going to join an OP2 board. But, I'm positive that there are possibly hundreds of people out there who are just dying to play games of OP2 or would simply be interested in it but don't know about this board. Maybe?

Leeor...

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Can we get more traffic?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 07:52:30 PM »
This board is submitted to google probably once a week.

Thats how we have gotten so many new people in the last month.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Can we get more traffic?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 10:41:10 PM »
Cool. Not bad. I guess it's just be fun to see an even larger OP2 community that's actually playing and eventually get the OP3 community working.

Leeor...