Author Topic: Did You Know?  (Read 14237 times)

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:41:10 AM »
DID YOU KNOW?

As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view - it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each  lower portion of each door.

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said, "Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 05:16:43 AM »
DID YOU KNOW?

That out of all the current top leading researchers/scientists on this planet only 5% are religious.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 05:17:35 AM by Zircon »

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 05:19:26 AM »
Did you know that their is a religious man (I forgot his name, but my supervisor went to one of his conferences) that goes around the world and holds conferences. He says that he will give $250K to anyone that can prove evolution. No scientist has ever been able to do it in the years that he's done it. No one can prove evolution, so how can you prove that God didn't make us in his own image and put us here?
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 05:26:28 AM »
Correct, i cannot prove or disprove any of them but to me evolution seems more logical/plausible.

But then again quantum mechanics and the string theory are very very strange things but still seems more logical/plausible.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 05:26:50 AM by Zircon »

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 05:35:14 AM »
Ahh...but logic will sometimes hide the truth. If you look at things as they should be, then you might miss things as they really are.

(I don't know where I get these, they just come to my head....check out the other 3 threads on religion...I'm good)

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 06:12:38 AM »
The evolution theory has created a lot of "offshot" theories that are used in various forms from dna research to medicines for various life forms.

These offshot theories are dependent on evolution and when religion tries to push evolution out of the way the entire system collapses and we are back at step 1.

Until religion can create a better theory/"truth" that can sustain the other theories used religion should be treated like all non relevant information in science, discardment.

Even if evolution is false and scientists only managed to secure certain truths and teories the gains vastly outweigh the knowledge gained through religion.

Medicines for various diseases like Parkinson, Alzheimer and Huntingtons Chorea are merely around the corner and while christians go mad claiming research like this and playing with the human genome is wrong the researchers will hopefully continue and solve these absolutely horrible diseases.
(it is not pretty watching a relative go from a happy tree gardener to an almost decomposing corpse kept alive by machines, especially if you know a cure is around the corner and this guy next door with a big grin says that i will burn in hell because i support such disgusting research)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 06:22:13 AM by Zircon »

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 06:22:23 AM »
You say that christian's go mad about stopping this, but I'm a Christian and I support the idea of finding cures. So that pretty much throws out that argument since not all Christians do it. Just because a few radical's do it doesn't mean that that's what the religion is about. And evolution is not any more proof than what religion is. It is totally based on theories. You believe it because it makes sense, but I believe that God created the earth and that makes sense to me. And how can you say that religion is non relevant information? Religion should never be discarded. You should think before you speak there Zircon, if you had put a little thought into that last post than you might not have posted it since it is very foolish.

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 06:31:37 AM »
Can religion uphold the offshot theories used in genetic research ?

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 06:43:27 AM »
Genetic research wasn't discussed in the bible, so anyone who uses religion to try to explain anything that has to do with genetic research are either stupid or dumb. Think about what your saying....yes there is genetic research and all sorts of other kinds of research, but what does that have to do with disprooving God? Not only was your argument invalid, it didn't even make sense as to being anything close to prooving a point.

Can you prove where the first single celled organism (Where we all supposedly came from) came from? I've heard many theories, but nothing that could consist of proof.  

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 06:48:40 AM »
I wasnt trying to disproove god (this time), i was simply saying that until religion can come up with something that can support the offshot theories used or give something of equal value they shouldn't claim evolution to be wrong. Or right for that part becuase it is as said a theory.

A very useful theory that's all...

And no to answer your question it is only a theory.

What i meant with "Until religion can create a better theory/"truth" that can sustain the other theories used religion should be treated like all non relevant information in science, discardment."

Was that religion has no place in science (atleast that kind of science) not to discard it outside of science.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 06:51:24 AM by Zircon »

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 07:11:29 AM »
Religion and science aren't, If you believe in one then you can't in the other. The conflict only comes on the part of where humans started, that's all. So what your talking about is like comparing apple's and oranges.

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2004, 07:19:38 AM »
Perhaps.

Still many christians claim that because "god" created the grand plan (it can be formulated many ways but that's not the point) and the juicy fruit on the top of the icecream are the humans (in other words the human genome) they claim that messing around (as in moving things around changing the very human basics) is wrong because humans shouldn't play god.

It might just be that the radicals (mentioned above) are very loud mouthed which makes them look large but in reality they consist of only a few individuals :mellow:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 07:24:35 AM by Zircon »

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2004, 07:25:22 AM »
I believe in advancement and in making things better. God layed the ground work and gave us the ability to make decision's on our own. If God wanted there to be no diseases, then he would have done that and the world would be overpopulated right now. But he just laid out the basics and let us go from there.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Did You Know?
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 03:22:49 PM »
DID you know that...

several christian churches in America support the theory of evelution over the theory of creation.

found that one out while oing a US History project.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Phantom

Did You Know?
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2004, 05:00:44 PM »
It might just be that the radicals (mentioned above) are very loud mouthed which makes them look large but in reality they consist of only a few individuals

This is true, very true.

Anyways, those who are not "religious" try and make up facts that tell us that there is no God. This is because they can't stand the fact that people just may have a belief in something they cannot see.

several christian churches in America support the theory of evelution over the theory of creation.

Just because some places are called "churches" doesn't nessessarily mean they are.

The evolution theory has created a lot of "offshot" theories that are used in various forms from dna research to medicines for various life forms.

I think that these theories could have come off easily from something besides the evolutionary theory.
To say that something is based soaly off of the Evolutionary theory, is a very very big assumption.

The point is, that most scientists create these theories in an attempt to try and prove that God does not exist.
However, even Albert Eienstien said that all his research only led him to acknowledge the fact that there must be a God in heaven.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 05:01:27 PM by Phantom »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Did You Know?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 05:07:21 PM »
phantom, they are churches.  I looked into it when I read it.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Zircon

Did You Know?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2004, 05:21:33 PM »
"I think that these theories could have come off easily from something besides the evolutionary theory.
To say that something is based soaly off of the Evolutionary theory, is a very very big assumption."

That may be true for some of the theories but some also are direct "descendents" depending on the parent making them very hard to separate.

The evolution theory is more then a couple of words.

But yes nomatter how small a percentage it can still happen.
Religion does not provide an alternative though.

"The point is, that most scientists create these theories in an attempt to try and prove that God does not exist."

That's mean and an irritating thing to say  :angry:
Most scientists live for their research, they dont let simple emotions control their lifes work.
A big assumption i would say. It makes me mad hearing that.
I'll stop discussing things like these if you say something like that again. grrrr.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 05:27:13 PM by Zircon »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Did You Know?
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »
there is more proof to evelution than creation
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

Did You Know?
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2004, 11:10:50 PM »
Well, seeing as how there is no proof of evolution, that has yet to be seen.

"The point is, that most scientists create these theories in an attempt to try and prove that God does not exist."

That's mean and an irritating thing to say  
Most scientists live for their research, they dont let simple emotions control their lifes work.
A big assumption i would say. It makes me mad hearing that.
I'll stop discussing things like these if you say something like that again. grrrr.

I for one is happy that in 100 hundred people only one of them go to church in Sweden and that the rest of Europe is rapidly losing "faith"

...and from its attributing to God the feelings of a revengeful tyrant, was no more to be trusted than the sacred books of the Hindoos, or the beliefs of any barbarian.... -Charles Darwin

Well, I guess we all have had choice things to say then haven't we?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 11:56:46 PM by Phantom »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Did You Know?
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2004, 11:25:44 PM »
What do you call fossils?  What do you call genetic and structural similarities between several animals?  How do you explain how humans have adapted to their technological advances through growing taller?
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

Did You Know?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2004, 12:06:07 AM »
Well, I don't understand how being taller has anything to do with anything. lol.
As for fossils though, could just be an extinct specie.
Animals can be similar, but if so, then why haven't they all evolved into the same form? It just makes no sence whatsoever.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 12:06:18 AM by Phantom »

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2004, 12:10:24 AM »
Were you around way back in biblical times? So again everything is all theory. and Zircon, your quote:

That may be true for some of the theories but some also are direct "descendents" depending on the parent making them very hard to separate.

The evolution theory is more then a couple of words.

But yes nomatter how small a percentage it can still happen.
Religion does not provide an alternative though.

What are you talking about? Haven't you ever heard of anything in the bible or even read the first few pages? It does provide an alternative, it's called God and he created humans in his own image. Unless you can find someone who was around over 3,000 years ago, then you can't prove anything about anything.

Phantom

Did You Know?
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2004, 12:14:43 AM »
Well, Zeus, I'd say more like 6000+ (Since we have records of the Babylonians and such).

But seriously, there are really no other records given that preceed the bible.

And if we evolved from apes (As Darwin Believed) then why are there still apes? It doesn't make any sence.

Offline ZeusBD

Did You Know?
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2004, 12:25:56 AM »
Sorry, got my amount of years wrong (shuns thyself for such an act). But that second part is a good point.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Did You Know?
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2004, 01:00:51 AM »
Did you ever think about where God comes from? If God exists, why is God there? Is God a result of evolution or has God been created by another God? In last case I had to ask the question again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 01:01:17 AM by outsider »