Author Topic: New Artwork  (Read 19132 times)

Offline knux

New Artwork
« on: April 04, 2004, 04:15:02 AM »
I am missing some artwork I would like anyone to submit their own.

I need a "Heavy Ore Smelter" and a VTOL vehicle transporter.

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
New Artwork
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 03:25:08 PM »
i'm assuming you mean ingame images, right?
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline Norsehound

New Artwork
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 10:09:32 AM »
What do the VTOLs look like?

And any restrictions? And for what sides? both?
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

New Artwork
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 10:19:13 PM »
BOOM! AN EDEN VTOL
Click above to see.

This is just a Representation of what a VTOL may look like.
The thing is a VTOL could look like any thing,

As long as it takes off and lands vertically, it's a VTOL, (duh)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 10:42:47 PM by Kiith Somtaaw »

Offline Kramy

New Artwork
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 10:21:12 PM »
Angelfire does not allow direct image linking.
-Kramy

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

New Artwork
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 10:33:46 PM »

*DAMM ANGELFIRE*  :angry:

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
New Artwork
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 10:58:05 PM »
I wonder...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Norsehound

New Artwork
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 11:03:23 PM »
ARG!

Pleasepleaseplease do not let this be the VTOL. It looks like it was exported from C&C. I play Outpost 2 to have unique units, not a space clone of C&C.

...Maybe I should post some of the sketches I have lying around. I might as well do something this weekend...

I would launch into a protest of the whole VTOL attack issue, but I've posted that over in the Air units? forum.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 11:05:09 PM by Norsehound »

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

New Artwork
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 11:05:49 PM »

Dude Relax,

It's just an Image of a VTOL,

It might not even get into Knux's Version of OP3

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
New Artwork
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 11:07:24 PM »
"...They call me :mellow: yellow quite right slick..."
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Norsehound

New Artwork
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 11:20:22 PM »
Hope not.

Ah I'll get my work in eventually.

Offline knux

New Artwork
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 11:38:05 PM »
Not a bad pic Kiith.

I'm after a transporter though, not an attack craft.
But could I use that pic in a briefing screen?

Also I am after ingame screens, art for units that will be used in the game.
The VTOL trans can be used for both sides, but I only need a plymouth one for the moment. They need to be about 4-6 times as big as a ground unit.  

« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 11:44:43 PM by knux »

Offline Ezekel

New Artwork
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 11:26:06 AM »
how will it work? function like a garage when landed and a unit in the air?

Offline knux

New Artwork
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 08:33:01 PM »
how will it work? function like a garage when landed and a unit in the air?
Exactly. When landed you can dock vehicles into it (though they don't repair) and then it moves like a unit and the vehicles can get out again when it has landed.

Offline Ezekel

New Artwork
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 03:13:05 AM »
aha, medium armour i'm guessing.
and it don't count as a structure in terms of negative bonuses to morale for killing it

1000-1150 HP
faster then a scout but slower then um, well any attacking air units.
1 research upgrade for armour increase to medium from an initial value of light?

where will it be built? as a vec factory is nine squares... and well i don't think its production system can handle something so big...

be built on an air-pad i suppose, and it is assembled outside the structure (like a SULV is, only bigger).
and i'm guessing when landed it can be repaired by convecs (something that big and all).
does it have a changing line of sight for when its airborne/grounded? or will it simply have no lights in the air, and a 3 square light range on the ground?

sorry to side track, but knux, you konw you haven't updated your website since september? ... and well it really needs some sorta update... you konw at least a "bear with me, this project IS still alive"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 03:24:35 AM by Ezekel »

Offline Zircon

New Artwork
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 07:43:41 AM »
Question: Can the VTOL land anywhere or does it have to land on lets say, an airbase or big helipad ?

Offline RedXIII

• http://www.battletechmodproductions.com
New Artwork
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 10:15:12 AM »
VTOLs should be able to land anywhere. That is one of the reasons why they are 'VTOL' in the first place.
-Nanaki 'RedXIII' Leroux

A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat roar the two enraged in a death's embrace the coiled serpent crushes both. A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat with care, the pouncing cat watches the coiled serpent crushes the hunting cat, a new star is born.
- T

Offline Zircon

New Artwork
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 10:52:08 AM »
mmm, i guess so. but in for example dune the carryall (VTOL) picks up and drops off units anywhere but cant actually land anywhere and continues to either circle an area or fly out of the map.

If it requires a helipad you cant build an army of vtols that can be used to in turn transport an army.

Offline RedXIII

• http://www.battletechmodproductions.com
New Artwork
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 12:23:16 PM »
Why Not? If your air defense is crappy enough to the point where it cannot shoot down VTOLs before they can land in your base. You deserve to be invaded in that case.

FYI, VTOLs CAN land anywhere where the terrain is smooth enough.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 12:24:01 PM by RedXIII »
-Nanaki 'RedXIII' Leroux

A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat roar the two enraged in a death's embrace the coiled serpent crushes both. A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat with care, the pouncing cat watches the coiled serpent crushes the hunting cat, a new star is born.
- T

Offline Ezekel

New Artwork
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 06:55:42 AM »
i think it'd be a bit stupid to have the VTOL in mid air, and have vehicles driving out of it... unless they are starflare vehicles... then i suppose it could qualify as a bombing run ;)

um, yeh, sorreh about causing the offtopic ness ... this is a art thread not a VTOL thread

Offline Zircon

New Artwork
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 09:26:05 AM »
Well i didn't really mean it like that (imagines a couple of tigers falling through the sky)

The reason i asked was because i cant find a good landing gear solution for my mesh...

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Artwork
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 02:21:43 PM »
well if it is a air unit, it probly will need fuel, (unless it can manufacture fuel from the air, or it has its cool fusion units powering electric moters that drive propellers)

if it does need fuel, mabe that would be the limatation of the vtol's they can only be in the air for a certon amount of time, or go a certon distance before being forced to land, of corse when they land at air bases they would be refuled

mabe have a series of vetols as tecnoligy progresses, the first ones would be the fusion ones, they would not run out of fuel, but they would be slow, and not be able to transport many units,

than you would have the fuled ones, and mabe you could upgrade them so they can hold more fuel, they would be faster and able to transport more units, t

he third one would be one that would be able to manufacture fuel from the air (such as if the planet has a nitrogen/oxygen based atmosphere ie earth, it would take the N2/O2 mix and make nitros oxide, wich would then be burned to propell the craft)(its a game, it dosnt have to work in real life)

it would be the biggest, most expencive, and fastest VTOL, and mabe make it be able to carry things into space (because, if it manufactures its own fuel in the atmosphere, it has a very low mass ratio (it carries no propellent other than emergency tanks) and thus there would be no reason why it couldnt go into space)

of corse that would be one heck of a hassle for knux, but I just felt like putting in my 2 cents worth lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Ezekel

New Artwork
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 08:05:48 AM »
anyone see a structure in OP2 called "ESSO garage"?

b-ray, i don't think that the VTOL would need to go somewhere to refuel... if the vehicles have small fusion drive thingys, why can't theVTOL have the same power systems?

also... if this engine of yours needs atmosphere to run... well whats to say that the atmosphere is of the right pressure, and the right composition. furthermore, there is no atmosphere in space, so upon leaving an atmospheric region, the VTOL is dead in the water (so to speak). finally, if this is on more then 1 planet, whats to say that there will even be an atmosphere at all?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 08:10:55 AM by Ezekel »

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Artwork
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2004, 04:58:49 PM »
one of the vtols does have a cool fusion engine, its the type 1 vtol, but because it is using electric moters and props, it would be slow and not able to carry as many units as the jet engine ones (the ones that need fuel)

the one I was talking about to manufacture the fuel, for one pressure is not much of a problem, the intakes could have lininer compressors to get the amount of air it needs

for different planets with different atmospheres the people can find different ways to manufacture the fuel than just the N2/O2 example

in space, it would have ion engines and small nitrogen gass thrusters to move in space, those would be very neglagable in weight and thus would allow it to move in space without nessacating the need for a second stage to launch

and if the planet does not have an atmosphere, well than there are no flying units, unless they are rockets, wich in that case would have a very limited supply of fuel, and thus would not be very practicle
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Amrazek

New Artwork
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2004, 04:35:47 AM »
Might be interesting if the atmosphere/gravity had some kind of effect on the aircraft.  For instance, low gravity might allow for aircraft to fly longer, or a nearly airless world would cause electric-propeller-powered aircraft to be almost useless.  Just a thought :)