Author Topic: Ixion: Spiritual Successor to Outpost?  (Read 4378 times)

Offline VileTerror

Ixion: Spiritual Successor to Outpost?
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:32:53 AM »
I know a lot of people are calling Ixion "Frostpunk in Space," but all I can see is Outpost 3.

I discovered this game thanks to the amazing music of Guillaume David.  His work on 40K Mechanicus was inspired, and now Ixion will benefit from that same incredible sound.

Offline TechCor

Re: Ixion: Spiritual Successor to Outpost?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 11:26:34 PM »
Very nice.

It looks like a real-time city builder on a space station. I wonder how it compares to Anno 2205.

Actual game demo:

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 11:13:12 PM »
Neat

Offline VileTerror

Ixion Follow-Up
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2024, 05:11:35 PM »
So, up to this point, all I had done was watch a bunch of let's plays of the game.
But I noticed recently that it was -finally- on GOG, so I got a copy for myself. 
It's really scratching that itch that the original Outpost gave me, but like I said in the HD subforum, the lack of an endless mode feels like such a missed opportunity.  It would be great for the devs of Ixion to make a sequel or a spin-off which revolves around colony building.  They've got the chops for it, I think.  It would stand to be far less janky and buggy than the original Outpost, at least, heh.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024, 07:11:54 PM »
Ixion is more like Frostpunk in space. It's quite a good game, just expect to die a lot, much like Frostpunk. :P

PlanetBase is also worth checking out, if you want Outpost 1 x Dwarf Fortress. Unlike OP1, you do have to micromanage individual colonists, but it's very similar.