Author Topic: OutpostHD v0.8.3 Released!  (Read 2400 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
OutpostHD v0.8.3 Released!
« on: June 06, 2021, 12:03:18 AM »
OutpostHD v0.8.3 has been released!

Introduces the NotificationArea UI element to inform users of non-critical issues or notifications that don't interrupt gameplay and the user can look at and respond to at their leisure.

What's New
  • Added a NotificationArea to display notifications
  • Added a NotificationWindow to show detailed information about new notifications
  • Added RadioButton and RadioButtonGroup
  • Added Police Coverage overlay

What's Changed
  • Certain conditions will now throw exceptions -- these are logic bugs that should be reported and not ignored
  • Population changes (births and deaths) will now push notifications to the player
  • Robot aging and failure will now push notifications to the player
  • Robot self-destruct will now push a notification instead of display a message box
  • Structure state changes (construction complete, destroyed, disabled, etc.) will now push notifications to the player

Bugs Fixed
  • Log output redirect crash
  • Disabled or destroyed Smelters will now be ignored in truck routing
  • Assigned trucks will now be saved/loaded properly from save games
  • Recycling structure will now be properly highlighted red if insufficient resources are available to build it

Gimme Gimme! Where do I get it?

Full release including assets available now on Github: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OPHD/releases/tag/v0.8.3

Many thanks and much appreciate to those who have helped by posting suggestions and assisting with code development! Couldn't have done this without your efforts!

Your help is very much appreciated!

Offline DrUbVettiaer

• I am bring Outpost 1 to Python for all
    • Outpost 1(Python) Development Preview
Re: OutpostHD v0.8.3 Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 03:48:41 PM »
Thanks for your work on this project! I have been following it for years and have watched all your youtube videos.

I was happy to see this update!
Finest Regards,

Dr. Ub Vettiaer
(aka Jared)
"You exhale forbidden real!" -Mark Black
v-retributed is a serotonergic amino acid containing sulfur
"Space economics pivot on the delta-v of the asset in question." -John Hammond

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »
Glad to have you on board! Still under active development. We're getting to the 'hard parts' of it, namely research. To be honest though I think I'm just psyching myself out and thinking it's more difficult than it really is  :-\

We'll see how it goes! In the mean time lots of progress has been made on the UI and more improvements are coming almost daily. Brett has helped to put the crime mechanics in place (they're rudimentary but we have to start somewhere!) which should improve over the next few weeks until the next release. Getting ready to get building decay and maintenance teams implemented for this next round, then it's off to implementing research! :D

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 01:11:55 PM »
Just noticed during some play testing that when you first start and drop down your Seed Lander, robots can't be placed until the Command Center is built and operational. This is a little silly and unintended -- it'll be corrected in the next update.

In the mean time, you can just progress your turns until the CC is built and drop your Cargo/Colonist landers. This stunts early development a bit but is a work around if you don't already have an established game.

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 08:09:29 PM »
leeor_net,

Did you have a rough timeline for the next release of OPHD? Just curious.

-Brett

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 01:11:02 PM »
I wanted to have it out last weekend but I've been taking a short break from coding. I'm hoping to have it done this coming Monday since there isn't much to be done to finish the release and then move onto the next set of tasks.