Author Topic: I can't find answers to these topics online.  (Read 4109 times)

Offline SpaceBase22

I can't find answers to these topics online.
« on: March 27, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »
Question1:
I would like to get a link to Outpost Missing In Action:
The file name should be omia_setup.exe

Question2:
In outpost 1.5 1996 version or 1997 version. Could you ever add on to the building? It looks like once you build the factory there is another tile that was supposed to be an add on feature but maybe was never implemented in to the game. Has any one figured out what the empty tiles do in the game?   

Question3:
Was there ever a demo / playable version of outpost X? All I could find online is the demo videos and slide show of what outpost X was going to be before it got canceled?

Question4:
Is are there any actual 3d building or 3d objects that one could extract for 3d printing? On the cd it seams like some of the videos were designed in 3d auto cad program but they were converted to buildings and .bmp files to save space when the game was originally released.   

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:20:53 PM by SpaceBase22 »
It's almost 2040 and I still can't build the underground spaceport.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: I can't find answers to these topics online.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 02:24:18 PM »
I can't answer much of the other answers but I can at least answer about OP:MIA

That file is long gone. There are no archived options. I was the original developer and it never went past a basic tile map demo with some basic UI elements. Circa 2007 I suffered a hard drive crash that took out all of the source code for all of my projects up to that time. I hadn't used any sort of source control and had no backups. Whoops.

I learned a lot since then.

Anyway, OPMIA never got more than a basic terrain demo. OutpostHD is the current incarnation of that project and is far further developed. You should check it out: https://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/board,106.0.html

Offline SpaceBase22

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 07:07:08 PM »
Huh, thanks! All I can find on my older hard drives is a .pdf on what outpost missing in action was going to be. I have not searched for hours yet. I tons of old backup but i can't find much on-line and the main website is down. I will let you know if i can find the old file some were.
It's almost 2040 and I still can't build the underground spaceport.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 12:26:00 AM »
Would love to recover the opmi build. Wish I still had the source code (it was bad is what I remember) but still, recovering a bit of history would be sweet :D