Author Topic: After an extended leave...  (Read 1484 times)

Offline illusion

After an extended leave...
« on: February 13, 2004, 08:32:30 PM »
It has been around 3-4 years since I have played Oupost 2 and I am hoping that you all could get me up to date. I have already downloaded and installed the 3 upgrades, but I cant play multi like I used to (back in the days of WON) because the server is no longer up. Out of curiosity, did they ever find any cheats for this game. Thanks everyone, I'm glad a sense of nostalgia made me install this game again, because it appears a lot has been done and is in planning.

Thanks again!

illusion
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 08:37:22 PM by illusion »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 08:46:49 PM »
I have a vauge rememberance of that screen, where you on Kev's forum back in the good ol' days?

Yes, three cheats have been proven to be true, though we all discourage their use.  Sierra's Won account was upgraded and they dumped OP2, so a client is currently being made by, I believe, Hacker (even after all this time I'm still not good with names).  Lev has set up a channel on IRC for us to use to get TCP/IP games together on.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline plymoth45

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 01:03:21 PM »
I thought it was martynd that was making the new multi server.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 05:34:38 PM »
Yeah, martyn is making the server.

I originally coined the idea however and we designed the protocol together. (I designed the first beta client, but then he took it from there)

For IRC, log onto

irc.quakenet.eu.org (QuakeNet)

Once you're on type /join #outpost2
to enter the channel.

In the Quick Links up above you can click "Outpost 2 IRC" to download mIRC and a script that will bring you to the channel with one click.

Also, I hear that there are 4 cheats. (Kevin won't tell me the 4th one however)
In the time you've been gone we have a fully working map editor (well, not editing missions yet, but really close), lots of trainers, a windowed mode loader (the other day heh) and who knows what else... (It's been a lot)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 05:37:18 PM by op2hacker »