Author Topic: I'm back! What I miss?  (Read 10769 times)

Offline PUNK_FOX

I'm back! What I miss?
« on: July 18, 2019, 04:58:35 PM »
I'm not sure where to post this, but I am not new.

Man, it has been a long time since I have been in this forum. Google found out more about me and posted videos in my recommendations of Outpost 2 on Youtube.

Can't remember when I was online. My original name was warwalker but my new gaming name has changed to PUNK FOX.

I have always thought of my spirit animal as a fox, and my sister later nicknamed herself as Joey the Fox. She passed away unfortunately, so I wanted to carrying on our spirit animals and create a new name, to represent her and I. We did have a lot in common since we were kids. My brothers and I, not so much.

As for my hobbies and life, I am a Barista  at a high end restaurant in Miami.

Video games I like: Dark Souls, Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, Fallout 4, Command & Conquer, Halo (1, 2, 3, Reach, Wars), Black Ops (1 and 2)

Movies and Shows I like: Scott Pilgrim vs the World, 30 Days of Night, Dark Skies, Dark Knight, Baby Driver, Back to the Future, Terminator 2, Marvel movies and shows, Stranger Things, Walking Dead

So the questions I have is -- What's new? Is there an app for OP2 yet?
Punk Staind Blood

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: I'm back! What I miss?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »
Welcome back! Was nice chatting on IRC the other day.

Well, there's a lot going on actually -- I know OP2 is more you're thing but, shameless plug: OutpostHD

Shameless plug aside, there's been some development on the back end API for developing missions for Outpost 2. I moved the add-on maps to a new subform: Outpost 2 Add On Missions. You can find the newest missions uploaded there.

There's been some work on an updated version of Outpost 2: Outpost 2 v1.3.8

Forum user TechCore has come up with a C# wrapper for coding Outpost 2 missions. It's a pretty exciting project if you're interested in developing missions but you find C++ to be scary. C# is a little more accessible to lesser experienced developers.

There's a lot more that I'm sure I'm missing, been down and out for the count for a few weeks due to illness but poke around, there's a lot of interesting stuff to take a look at.

Offline White Claw

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 11:26:42 PM »
Hey, welcome back!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
Welcome back.

I've been playing a bit of OpenRA recently, which is an open source clone of the good old C&C style games. They support C&C, Red Alert, and Dune 2000.