Author Topic: Provide french assets  (Read 575 times)

Offline Gemeaux333

Provide french assets
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »
I can provide french version of Outpost 2 for any usefull purposes !

I would use a re-encoded version of the french dubbed versions of the game intro, eden and plymouth intros and outros, could someone do it ?

I can also provided the files of the french version of Outpost 1, I installed it with your dosbox containing windows 3.1 (installed from the 1.5 cd-rom version containing french and german assets distributed with a magazine)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:17:10 PM by Gemeaux333 »

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Provide french assets
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
I'm game! If you can provide me download links (PM me via forum messages) I can get the files uploaded and linked to on the main page(s) and appropriate forums.

Thanks for the efforts! We get a surprising amount of French speakers here, this would be very useful to them me think!

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Do we still host the Italian, German, and Spanish versions?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 11:34:55 AM »
They're not linked on the main site. I don't see them in the files on the server, at least not with a cursory glance. I can get them linked if I can get the files.

Offline Gemeaux333

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »
Here is the content of the french CD-rom (i removed the part that would not be of any use to you... I know only the "Outpost2" folder is necessary, to install it on my 64 bit windows 7 I copied the content of this folder and replaced the videos, although he always need/ask the presence of the CD-rom to launch) :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkLSQ1vtQRvQgXssVaWeIoHc49C1

I also send you the content of the CD-rom of Outpost 1 with FR and GER content, maybe you can work with it, if not I can send you the whole installed version (Dosbox / Windows 3.1 / etc.. ) but this one always ask/need the presence of the CD-rom :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkLSQ1vtQRvQgXzUwNoZSkIOhDLu
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:32:20 PM by Gemeaux333 »

Offline Gemeaux333

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »
Have you managed to downlaod and work it ?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
Didn't get a chance last weekend. Have a 3-day weekend so I'll definitely push to get this done and uploaded. :D

In the mean time I've found french and german versions of Windows 3.11 so I'm at least all set to get that rolling.

Offline Gemeaux333

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:18 AM »
Have you managed to work Windows 95 or 98 under Dosbox ?

I think this one might be even more usefull, even for games from the late 90s that require windows and doesn't work porperly (when they work) on present computer...
I have a french Cryo Interactive game "Les visiteurs"

Its main/only issue is its horribly/ridiculously high framerate, and there is no viable way to solve it (no way known in any case)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 04:16:26 PM »
I've had no success running Win95 under DOSBox. I can run it via VMWare but that's a can of worms I'm not sure I'm ready to open. Plus we're less likely to get bitched at by Microsoft if we use Win3.11.

Offline Gemeaux333

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 10:17:12 AM »
Microsoft is going to stop support of Windows 7 late january 2020, so I think they wouldn't mind for Windows 95...
I found this : https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=24936

Offline Crow!

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 12:11:21 PM »
Windows 95 can be installed on DOSBox, but it's not a good idea to do it.  Here's a quote from one how-to article:

Note: Windows 95 on DOSBox is just a toy. Itís not recommended for any serious work. Those who need Windows 95 for some productive purpose, or even for running games, are most likely better off using something like Virtualbox or Qemu.
Speedruns, my FFIV game randomizer, and more can be found at my twitch page:
https://twitch.tv/iicrowii

Offline Gemeaux333

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
So I don't have to ask about Windows 98...

The ideal to me would be to have windows 98 but limited to the (system) ressources of back then (the way of dosbox) to avoid the excessive framerates...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:07:27 PM by Gemeaux333 »

Offline Gemeaux333

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 09:44:50 AM »
Have you finally downloaded the files, so I can remove them and free some spaces ?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 03:02:23 AM »
I'm sorry, been busy at work and not paying attention to the forums.

Yes, I have all the files. You can free up space. I'll get them uploaded for sure this weekend. Have a long weekend starting today that I intend to use to get caught up on everything I've been neglecting.