Author Topic: Allowing research of both lava walls and microbe walls  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
Allowing research of both lava walls and microbe walls
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
I had started a new mission that I wanted to force the player to use both microbe walls and lava walls. I enabled both techs in the tech tree. When testing, it appears you get to deploy whichever one you research first. So the second one researched appears to be ignored.

Too bad. Back to the drawing board I suppose. Just thought I would post about it in case someone else wanted to try similar behaviour. Fortunately I had only designed a portion of the map before realizing I should test the tech tree.

-Brett

Offline Sirbomber

Re: Allowing research of both lava walls and microbe walls
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
You get access to both; but only 1 button shows up.  If you know the hotkey, you should be good to go.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »
Hmm, interesting.

I suppose we know enough about the user interface code to patch something like this (from the mission, for now anyway). It should be possible to hook the display of the unit control pane and ensure proper buttons show up. Should be easy enough if the button hotkey is already working.

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »
Sirbomber,

Interesting, I didn't actually try the hotkeys.

Hooman,

That sounds like a useful module to add. If it was implemented, I'd be willing to write a mission that showcases its use. I'd be happy to help with the effort, but not sure I'd be able to accomplish on my own.

-Brett