Author Topic: Outpost 2 for macOS Updated  (Read 7852 times)

Offline Datan0de

• My rambling Twitter feed
Re: Outpost 2 for macOS Updated
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »
Could someone please post instructions on installation? Getting permission errors that don't quite make sense to me.

Currently on Sierra, I'm able to open the executable, which is a Wineskin app, then click Choose Setup Executable, but I just can't select the .app file. If I Expand the Package and go inside and choose drive_c/Outpost2/outpost.exe, I get "ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file." I'm not running it from inside the dmg file. I checked the Info.plist file and it has all permissions I need.

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue. I was sooooo looking forward to revisiting New Terra!

./Datan0de
"This is your world. These are your people. You can live for yourself today, or help build tomorrow for everyone."
-VNV Nation

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
Datan0de reached out to me earlier. It's possible the DMGs were damaged, so I'm in the process of testing them now. I've been meaning to update the macOS version for a while now anyway, so I'll have a fix for you guys as soon as I determine where the issue is stemming from.

Edit: I'm getting the same error from the freshly downloaded copies, as well as my developmental install, and I'm thinking it might be a High Sierra issue (possibly related to the new APFS filesystem most SSD-based Macs are now using), as this was not misbehaving before. Give me a bit to work it out over the next couple of days and I'll see what I can come up with.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:06:32 PM by Drakmar »

Offline Datan0de

• My rambling Twitter feed
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
Awesome. Thanks so much!
"This is your world. These are your people. You can live for yourself today, or help build tomorrow for everyone."
-VNV Nation

Offline Allality

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:57 AM »
I have the same Info.plist issue. I wonder how to fix this?

Offline kyarng

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 05:57:25 PM »
Could someone please post instructions on installation? Getting permission errors that don't quite make sense to me.

Currently on Sierra, I'm able to open the executable, which is a Wineskin app, then click Choose Setup Executable, but I just can't select the .app file. If I Expand the Package and go inside and choose drive_c/Outpost2/outpost.exe, I get "ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file." I'm not running it from inside the dmg file. I checked the Info.plist file and it has all permissions I need.

Did you happen to figure out a fix for this?

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »
Life got in the way a bit, so I haven't had much of a chance to fix the issue. I'm 98% sure I know the issue, and I'll be making a new package for the recent update in the next week that should solve it.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »
I have a WIP beta for the new macOS version. This is a completely new approach I'm using. This is just the app itself, it does not have the game built in. When launching it for the first time, it will pull down the complete game, and will keep it updated going forward (that's the idea, anyway.). I'll continue tweaking things for the next few weeks, and hopefully have a finalized version of the app itself by the end of the year.

NOTE: I don't have any mechanism in place for transferring save games at the moment, so keep that in mind when using this version!

https://sam-node.com/nexus/index.php/s/op2_mac_launcher-beta1/download