Author Topic: Outpost 2 for macOS Updated  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Datan0de

• My rambling Twitter feed
Re: Outpost 2 for macOS Updated
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »
Could someone please post instructions on installation? Getting permission errors that don't quite make sense to me.

Currently on Sierra, I'm able to open the executable, which is a Wineskin app, then click Choose Setup Executable, but I just can't select the .app file. If I Expand the Package and go inside and choose drive_c/Outpost2/outpost.exe, I get "ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file." I'm not running it from inside the dmg file. I checked the Info.plist file and it has all permissions I need.

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue. I was sooooo looking forward to revisiting New Terra!

./Datan0de
"This is your world. These are your people. You can live for yourself today, or help build tomorrow for everyone."
-VNV Nation

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
Datan0de reached out to me earlier. It's possible the DMGs were damaged, so I'm in the process of testing them now. I've been meaning to update the macOS version for a while now anyway, so I'll have a fix for you guys as soon as I determine where the issue is stemming from.

Edit: I'm getting the same error from the freshly downloaded copies, as well as my developmental install, and I'm thinking it might be a High Sierra issue (possibly related to the new APFS filesystem most SSD-based Macs are now using), as this was not misbehaving before. Give me a bit to work it out over the next couple of days and I'll see what I can come up with.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:06:32 PM by Drakmar »

Offline Datan0de

• My rambling Twitter feed
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
Awesome. Thanks so much!
"This is your world. These are your people. You can live for yourself today, or help build tomorrow for everyone."
-VNV Nation

Offline Allality

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:57 AM »
I have the same Info.plist issue. I wonder how to fix this?