Author Topic: Beating the Eden Pre-Release Demo  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
Beating the Eden Pre-Release Demo
« on: December 27, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »
The Eden Pre-Release demo requires a Tokamak kit in the evacuation. However, you don't have one in your structure factory and you are unable to build a tokamak kit. Is there actually a way to beat the scenario? I feel like I'm missing something.

Offline dave_erald

Re: Beating the Eden Pre-Release Demo
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 02:00:01 PM »
Nope. Not with out reprogramming the mission I'm afraid.

The convec in the garage and the ones scattered around the base are empty, Basic Lab don't research nothin, and even if you build everything allowed in the Structure Factory build window it doesn't unlock anything, nor is there anything missing or added by playing different difficulty levels.

Sorry.
-David R.V.

-GMT400 fan
-OPU Influencer

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 12:40:35 PM »
Thanks Dave. Perhaps someday as a community we should make it beatable.

Offline dave_erald

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 12:58:37 PM »
This may be the only way.

Level Dll modding
-David R.V.

-GMT400 fan
-OPU Influencer

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:50:11 PM »
I modified the tech file of the demo in order to allow production of Tokamaks, common ore mines, and GORFs. This makes the scenario beatable now.  :) I tested the scenario and managed to beat it on Hard, but didn't complete on the other difficulties. Although it appears there is no difference in difficulties anyways.

I'll build up a separate post about it later, but for now, if you add the attached modified Eden demo tech tree to your Outpost 2 root directory, it should update the scenario and make it winnable. You should probably delete the file dtek_e.txt from map01.vol to remove the original file, but it appears on my computer to be taking priority at loading a tech file outside of the vol file first, so if you don't delete the original file, I think it will work anyways.

----
EDIT: Removed the attachment. You can find the new tech file here now: http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,5795.msg82861.html#msg82861. Trying to consolidate files.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:25:50 PM by Vagabond »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 01:32:15 AM »
Ahh, thank you for this. Excellent solution.

It may be worth incorporating the changes into the game download.