Author Topic: OP 1: It runs but some important things are missing.  (Read 8766 times)

Offline peet

OP 1: It runs but some important things are missing.
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:36:06 PM »
Downloaded the .rar file from this site.  I used to have an actual game CD but I lost it a few years ago.

I am running it on Windows XP through Oracle Virtual Box.  I recall this game ran fine when I ran it on XP years ago.

The version I am using now has some important bugs:

1. The seed robot factory does not produce anything.  Very important for the early game.

2. When you bulldoze an underground square next to the black unexplored squares, you should reveal new squares you can bulldoze when you are finished.  This version does not have that and the only way you can reveal underground squares is with the digger, creating new shafts, and that's not how it's supposed to work.

Also one unimportant bug I noticed:

3. In the animated sequences at the beginning, there was in the edition I had a sequence showing you the failure of Earth's attempt to divert the big asteroid.  I don't care that it's not in there though.

Anyone have any experience with this?  Is there a patch?  Could it be a version issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Peet

Offline peet

Re: OP 1: It runs but some important things are missing.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:38:09 AM »
Never mind guys... figured it out.

1. You don't get to use the extra robots until you build a warehouse and a robot command.  I thought you were supposed to get the first 5 controlled by the seed but it seems only the robots that you actually start with can be used with just the seed in 1.5.

2. Forgot it was diggers and not dozers that did that.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:28:57 PM »
some important things are missing
Such as 90% of the game mechanics? :P

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:58:51 AM »
You are far more generous than I would be ark, I would say 98% of the mechanics :p
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names