Author Topic: Outpost Universe 2015 Chatroom  (Read 77699 times)

Offline Nineball

Re: Outpost Universe 2015 Chatroom
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
I feel like having people who frequent the channel is a good thing, whether they are there 100% of the time or not. You totally neglected the fact that i said they idle there, meaning the room isn't empty all the time, AND they come on and play. I JUST TOLD YOU, there is activity. In the form of games pretty much daily. Lol. So, yeah.. I don't think he's trying to brag so much as get everyone together in one place.

Far and away, there are more people who come onto the IRC and chat and play than spark. otherwise i'd be on spark all the time. However when my chat line has been the talk of the town on spark for the last 2 weeks, i am compelled to come to IRC where i know i can get a game. =P

I can tell you don't like leviathan, and i know why, but geez guy, why don't you come and play with us instead of having forum battles. >.>
-9ball

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 06:59:36 PM »
It's not that I don't like Lev, it's that I don't trust him.  Lev may have you fooled with his bumbling nice guy persona, but what he doesn't want you to know is, he got banned from OPU due to his actions (and abuses) as an admin, and that ban was supposed to be permanent.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Nineball

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »
I don't really hold grudges. I find people grow over time. Some people need to be bad to understand what it is to be good. Honestly, I don't care enough about what other people think about other people to take sides and place blames. I think you should come play games tho! =) That being said, Leviathan has done some cool things for the game! I appreciate the good stuff. Come, and look at the glass! It's half full. haha.

Nah, but seriously! let by gones be by gones and play op2 for fun! =) We're all here to have fun and get along playing our nostalgic favorite!
-9ball

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »
Why would you trust anyone on the internet lol? Yeah it well in the past so lets move on. Yeah I have tryed my best to contribute to the community and plan to continue :)

Would love to see some more games going on, there are people on most days. We should maybe try and arange a weekly game day.. my suggestion is Sundays.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 07:42:47 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has been on in the past two weeks. We have gone from very quiet to people online every day. Hope to see more there for games and chat :)

If you want a IRC client for your mobile I would recommend IRCCloud, Its a great free IRC service. Here are settings for it:

And I found some channel stats from 2004-2005 in my old OPU folder, have added them to the IRC page.

I know a lot of people are busy but pop in now and again. It would be great to get a weekly game day going on :D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:37:27 AM by Leviathan »

Offline bbb

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »
Hello Leviathan, did you used to be part of the Lacuna Expanse game world?  I am just coming back to Outpost after years and would like to try some online games but can't figure out how to do that.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 04:49:15 AM »
Hello Leviathan, did you used to be part of the Lacuna Expanse game world?  I am just coming back to Outpost after years and would like to try some online games but can't figure out how to do that.
Nope I was not.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 10:16:22 AM »
Wow that only took a year. :D

Offline Cs3v3n

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2019, 01:22:45 PM »
wow seems this game still have players :D ;D

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »
That it does.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2021, 03:33:36 AM »
Going to lock this topic now as it's really old.

That stated, this topic is getting a lot of hits. IRC was the go-to tech for real-time chat but we've since adopted Discord as the preferred real-time chat option. There are too many reasons to use it versus IRC.

The IRC channel on Quakenet is still available but not widely used. You'll get much faster responses on Discord and find other members to play games with much more easily. Head on over!

https://www.outpost2.net/chat.html