Author Topic: Resolution Issues  (Read 9440 times)

Offline KipAfiras

Resolution Issues
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »
I recently downloaded and installed OP1 for the first time in probably 10 years, and I've discovered that in the state the game is in now, my computer refuses to run the thing in anything larger than eye-strain-o-vision (apparently 640x480, since the compatability option does NOTHING! at all).  Is there any way to convince the game to run in a reasonable resolution?  I'm not asking for anything fancy, just something big enough to see.  I'd settle for 800x600, and I'd prefer 1024x768.  I don't want like.. a widescreen patch or nothing, just a way to magnify the playing window in the application.

Currently running Windows 7; compatability options set for Win 98/disable themes/256 colors.  Game runs beautifully; AI voice runs without a hitch, music sounds good, all that.  I get some weird color glyphing if I switch windows away from the main game screen sometimes, but it fixes itself when I click back in the play area, so that's not a problem either... just need this damned resolution fixed so I don't have to snipe every single square.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Resolution Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 05:23:45 PM »
Yet another necro'ing.

I swear guys, I'm not trying to do this on purpose but I think these are all good questions and deserve answers for anybody else who may come across this besides the op.

Really, your best bet is to run this on a Windows 3.1/3.11 installation in DOSBox. It really does work a lot better like that and you can set the resolution pretty high if you have the right setup installed.

Leviathan and I are working on putting together an installer package that also loads up Windows 3.11 with the correct drivers. I don't remember if I set it to 800x600 or 1024x768 but the resolution is definitely way better and you can go full screen with it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:22:13 PM by leeor_net »

Offline Leviathan

Re: Resolution Issues
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 09:20:33 PM »
Hi

Shame that this user registered on the forum just to post this looking for help and was not answered.

Here is the current Outpost 1.5 download package that has the DOSBox/Win3.1 preconfigured. You can thank leeor_net for the hard work there.

Outpost1.zip

Unzip and run 'Outpost - High Performance.bat'

EDIT: See this thread for up to date information: https://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,5788.0.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:09:10 PM by leeor_net »