Author Topic: Still Havent Beaten Outpost 2  (Read 26473 times)

Offline Zhall

Still Havent Beaten Outpost 2
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »
I am the only one that still hasn't beaten outpost 2? I know its been 15-16 years  since it's release, but I haven't gotten around to it.

However, i've never forgotten about outpost 2, mainly because E2 strikes me as nostaglic in a very powerful way.

The eden labs remind me of the old science labs that used to be at the highschool I went to before they were removed and replaced in a different part of the building.

Somthing about the whole nostalgia about how things used to be never fails to keep my interest, and the hope that maybe one day i'll beat it :D
Pumping out awsome.

Offline Venera

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
I haven't beaten it.  I've been way to busy with band and orchestra to be able to play it continuously like I would want to.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »
I did all of the stuff on easy when I first got the game.

After WON shut down and I couldn't play online, I made another attempt at single player and completed the game on Hard. Admittedly, I struggled for quite a while with Plymouth Starship I.
Also, the Plymouth Campaign is harder than the Eden one.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
Never played campaign, mostly cause I don't like not having everything at once. I played hours upon hours on the Colony missions thou. I wish I kept some of my old saves. Another fun map was the Tutorial levels, cause you can just mess around on it, and have no mission to worry about.

On that note, why haven't we made a colony mission with no goal? Maybe you can send waves in to attack you by typing something like "/attack medium" or something.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:57:52 AM »
I think there is a way to create a sandbox style mission, bt I don't understand it well enough.

I played everything on easy when I first got it...couldn't get past plym 3 for weeks, lol

Don't think I've legitimately beaten the game on hard...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 05:54:05 AM »
I've beaten both campaigns on easy long time ago, on medium not so long ago and I don't remember if I've ever beaten them on hard. Imo the campaigns are what makes up Outpost 2. The story, the music, the briefings. There's so much atmosphere in there. Always makes me enjoy playing them.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »
It would be interesting if we could somehow make a to player campeign where both colonies are controlled by actual people...would probably be a lot of work, though
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Lukc

• http://lukc.upyum.com
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 01:33:34 AM »
Some time ago I beaten Eden in easy and 7 missions of Plymouth in easy, or something like that. I can’t really tell I beaten OP2, then… ^_^”

Offline Flashy

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 09:04:18 AM »
I haven't beaten the very last mission. I somehow delayed it until I simply forgot. Come to think of it, I wonder why I always stop playing a Game when I reach it's final campaign mission.

Oh, and Spikerocks, that's a nice idea you got there
Praise the mighty light towers!!!

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »
Like most people, I beat it on easy when I first got it (at the age of... 7, maybe?)

Skipped medium, went straight for hard around 2 years ago. Even if the difficulty is mostly of the cheap, unfair AI advantage, I had fun and felt challenged doing it (particularly Plymouth, because.... spiders do not replace combat units -_- Nor do supernova panthers and tigers for that matter.) Must be just how attached I am to the game.

So yes, Zhall, you pretty much are the only one  :P  Go fix it ;)  
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"