Author Topic: How To Get In Touch New Players.  (Read 2546 times)

Offline friction

How To Get In Touch New Players.
« on: March 22, 2012, 01:57:38 AM »
Hey people I am just making this topic because myself and a few people I saw were having trouble getting adjusted to new stuff. I looked here, so I thought I would post here.

If you want to play with the remaining people. You cannot use IRC anymore. Dont try to connect it. It is down.

Instead you have to use a program called XMPP. Also called sparks. Sparks is a program similar to an instant messanger. It is very light weight and easy to use. It takes about 2 minutes to install and download. Sparks does not run when you start your computer. So picky people do not have to worry about installing this. If you dont have time or feel like playing OPU you can simply not run it until you do feel like it.

Once you have that, you can chat and meet with fellow OP2 players.

If you want to play games. You should have 2 methods ready to go.

The first one is called LogMeIn Hamachi. Very easy to use. Very light weight. Very Popular, not just for OP2. Simply install it. nothing more needs to be done with that. There is one thing, but it takes about 1 minute to do. Once you install it you can just leave it until further instrctions. You should wait until someone can help you to do the last part so that you can take care of it in less than a minute. If you want to know what it is. You simply go into your network settings on your computer, and move hamachi up the network list to change its priority

The second one is even easier. You will download a very small file ( 90 KB. ) You open your outpost 2 folder, and enter a sub folder called netfix. Replace the file that is in there with the one located in the following link.
http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php?showto...=48&#entry77637

simply scroll all the way to the bottom and download the last attachment.

All of this can be finished in about 5-10 minutes.

Cya in the battlefield.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:59:50 AM by friction »

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:13:26 AM »
"xmpp" is the protocol, "Spark" is the client. It is possible to use other clients if you don't like Spark. Useage instructions for Spark can be found on the opu website.

Instructions on how to do multiplayer (direct, NetFix, Hamachi) can also be found on our website.

The NetFix guide on the website is outdated, so its a very good idea, to use mine instead. You can find it here.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
Hey, thanks for posting this.

TH300 has also just informed me of a number of links on the website that still point to IRC. I'm starting to update some of them, but I probably won't get around to fixing them all for a little while.