Author Topic: Christmas Presents  (Read 7460 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:22:05 AM »
Ok, what did everybody get? :)

I got a nice new speaker system. And clothes. And cookies. And oddly enough, a remote controlled helicopter. Ages 8+.  :unsure:

I also got gifts for other people that I'm sure I'll personally enjoy. Like the complete series of "Get Smart". :P It's old, but it was fun. Reminds me of watching it as a kid. It was old then too. I think my parents may have watched some of it when they were young. I also got someone the complete original series of The Outer Limits (from the 1960s, in black and white). Kind of old, pretty cheesy, but I must say, fairly well done for it's day, and it has some pretty neat ideas for their plots.

Oh, and mail order shopping is wonderful. No time wasted going to stores, generally good prices as their costs are lower, and you can find some stuff online that you'd never be able to find locally. I'm happy.  :)  I may have to find something other than books and movies next year though, as the current stuff may last me until past next year. I think I still have some movies from last year that I still haven't gotten around to finishing off.  ;)

Offline Spikerocks101

Christmas Presents
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:53 AM »
All I got is a lump of coal... which is actually really good, considering that coal can be turned into synthetic oil, making it very valuable.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »
Also useful for electricity generation. And, if you live in a cold climate, it can also be useful for heating your house.  :)

A very practical gift, kind of like a potato. :)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Christmas Presents
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 05:41:42 AM »
Got a fair amount of clothes - which is a good thing since I don't spend a lot of money myself (short on cash :( ) on clothes.

Other stuff includes a calender with my favorite cartoon character, in which my aunt has written the birthday dates and other important dates for my family members.. now I don't have to remember them myself.

Then some money which I haven't decided where to put yet.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Christmas Presents
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 06:09:51 AM »
boxers, socks, jammies (yes, that's how I say pajamas), a blanket, dragon hatchling speakers, a two-dragon clock, dragon lantern statue, dragon knife statue-thing, misclaneous but usefull stuff :D

But you know what I asked for every time I was bugged about what I wanted?  Nothing for christmas.  So, I got everything except for what I wanted, lol
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
I got good stuff lots of good stuff its all in bags sectioned off in round number measured in round numbers stored neatly in a dark dry place

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
But you know what I asked for every time I was bugged about what I wanted? Nothing for christmas. So, I got everything except for what I wanted, lol

Heh, yeah. I've been asking for the same thing for the last couple of years, and still haven't gotten it yet. :(

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:59 PM »
Maybe we should just try being so bad that people decide to give us coal lol
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline plymoth45

Christmas Presents
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
Yeah well... I got a bunch of sweets and a CD I'll likely never listen to. May as well have gotten nothing lol.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
Take them to a store that does trade ins for different cds.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
That would include Mad Platter, fye (unless they've changed)...maybe a few independants...

Too bad you don't live somewhere around here.  There's a local music shop that, if you don't have quite enough to cover the cost of a CD that you want, will lower the price on the spot for you.  So if you brought that one in and it wasn't worth much (and we all know that there are some that are just s***e), you could still get one you actually wanted, lol
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christmas Presents
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
Take them to a store that does trade ins for different cds.
If only I could do something like that here in the desert lol

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Christmas Presents
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
Well I got a complete set of HP Lovecrafts fiction, Magic the Gathering cards, clothing (of course :P ), and Half-Life 1 free gifted to me on steam.

Birthday got GTA4 and Portal 2 on steam, as well as more clothes.

"whoopie I have clothing. Wait so this means I -can't- run around naked all day?"

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
did steam gift them to you, or a friend?  if steam gifts them, then I need to sign up :P
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christmas Presents
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 07:09:39 AM »
Steam apparently had a holiday event going on all through december where you could win free games. Unfortunantly that doesn't bode well for those of us who can't get on steam thanks to the Comms squadron blocking all the ports it uses.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
Heh, if they are the same ports you need to run a server, verizon will block them as well.  Even if I run a game server at home, verizon will drop our internet service for violation of the home service TOS, lol
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christmas Presents
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
Wow... and I thought some of my previous ISPs were bad... But Steam ports shouldn't be blocked by any ISP considering the majority of PC games are now sold through or require steam to run.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
I don't like the digital market place because it removes the used market =/

but I'm confused about a few things:

If I buy a game there, can I only play it on the computer I am on?
Can I re-download it to any computer?
Do I have to be logged in on steam to play the game?
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christmas Presents
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:55 AM »
You can play it on any computer provided steam is installed on that computer and has an internet connection.

You can download it as many times as you want, you can even back it up to a game disk. But unfortunantly there is no way I know of to break the binding with steam, you must have steam.

Unfortunantly yes, you must be logged in to steam to play the game, wether it be online or offline mode. I can't do either currently because I can't get to online mode to update steam or install any of my backed up games, and offline mode wont start up without being online at least once.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christmas Presents
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »
having to be logged in ruins it for me.  Part of the point of having computer games is to have something to play when your internet goes down and you've gotten bored of everything non-videogame
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christmas Presents
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Steam has an offline mode, you can still play your games offline. The steam app still has to be up to date though.