Author Topic: It Is I, Ulfstein  (Read 4613 times)

Offline Ulfstein

It Is I, Ulfstein
« on: July 15, 2011, 01:18:28 AM »
Hello everyone, this is UlfStein.  I played on here alittle bit two years ago, but kind of got caught up in doing some college work and sort of slipped away.  For those who can remember, someone got a hold of my computer last year through my campus's networking and I was listed at the time as a spam bot, but i can almost guarantee such a problem will not make a second occurence. I can't guarantee, however, that i will be able to play much as I like to keep myself busy with side projects, yet i'm glad to see that this is community still up and running, and I do like to stop by on ocassion to see how things are going.

For addition information, my real name is Aidan and I live in West Virginia. I am 21 and am currently studying to be a highschool chemistry teacher with a minor in child & adolescent behavior. Often, I find myself day-dreaming about terraforming mars and venus which thus makes me much more inclined ideologicly to play as Eden even though I do very much so like the plymouth building designs and respect their philosophy, yet their arachnids and novella prove to be alittle lackluster for my taste.  

In addition to outpost 2, I often find myself enjoying games such as Seven Kingdoms, Medieval Total War 2, Ceasar 2, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, and Ultima 9: Ascension.  Though i would love to play more sci-fi oriented games, I have yet to find one to satisfy my tastes as much as Outpost 2 has aside from maybe Star Wars Galaxies.  

for other pastimes aside from gaming and watching netflix, i usually find my self boxing, playing and composing songs on my baritone guitar (been playing off and on for about 6 years now), indulging myself in silversmithy and jewelry making if I have sufficient dough, and a few sewing projects on the side.

Personality wise, i'm kind of a laid back guy who doesn't talk much, but can readily write a book's worth of text and go off on wild tangents given certain conditions.  I'm generally refered to as a nice and tolerant guy.  I hardly resort to violence and am not easy to anger, but i have a stubbornness streak and will not readily backdown.  In games, i tend to like to pay attention to the little things such as building tubes and such, and can often easily distract myself from my objectives which may make me seem rather slow gameplay wise.  As such I tend to play more of the social & management parts of games rather than the combat parts. Conversation wise, i like to talk about real life events, but nothing too serious like politics and such. My last relationship lasted approximately 5 years and ended about a year ago. The length of this relationship often makes me feel like I have an authority over relationship matters and I may more than likely go off on tangents about romance and the like if the subject is brought up, but its usually best for me not to go there as these tangents are usually distasteful, leave me feeling blue, and no one wants to hear about them lol, so be warned.

I think this all seems to cover up my introduction quite nicely, and I look forward to playing with yall in the future.

Also as a side note to Highlander whom i remember from years past, though my username has obvious scandinavian origins, I have never lived in or been to norway and can not speak the language, though i would love to learn.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:33:17 PM by Ulfstein »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:27:45 AM »
Greetings.

... That was a fairly thorough introduction.  :blink:

That also explains why I remember your name.

Offline Ulfstein

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:40:40 AM »
thats what college papers do to a man... and boredom.  And thanks for responding.  

Offline Spikerocks101

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39:11 AM »
Welcome back Ulfstein. Remember to teach any kids you have about Terra forming, Thors Hammers and any thing else vital to surviving on a strange planet. XD
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:03:01 AM »
Welcome back.

And sorry, that I (in contrast to you) am not someone who likes to write down much about his life.

Offline Venera

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:38:23 AM »
Hello.

Offline Ulfstein

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »
thanks everyone for the welcome.  Glad to see so many responded, and i will surely teach my students about terraforming. Its funny you mentioned that spikerocks because I was shocked one day recently as I was talking to a fellow university student of mine when they had to stop and google what terraforming was to know what i was going on about.  This is a travesty that must be remedied.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
Welcome back! // Velkommen tilbake (<- Norwegian lessons underway haha)
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Ulfstein

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
lol, i almost understood that without looking at the english.

Offline evecolonycamander

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »
Amazing how so many languages seem to ultimately be the same, eh?
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Ulfstein

It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
Amazing how so many languages seem to ultimately be the same, eh?
aye, i've taken french, spanish, and german, so I know wholeheartedly what you mean, and how its easy to understand why some think english is the most difficult being that it is a combination of at least two major language schemes.  The fact that i'm taking german helped me notice what he said almost immediately.  I also find pleasure in watching scandanavian films and hearing english words, or rather scandanavian words that english decided to keep while laughing about how my classmates in highschool thought english was exclusively a latin derivative.  The biggest kick I got, however, was when I was explaining to someone how I was born in england, and their response was, "no you weren't or you would be speaking some foreign language." Oh, the intelligence of my school district.

Offline RipperKhan

• http://newvitech.com
It Is I, Ulfstein
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 02:07:55 PM »
welcome back >.>