Author Topic: Colony Game - Colony 9x  (Read 8683 times)

Offline Nynx

• http://on1-k.deviantart.com/
Colony Game - Colony 9x
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:47:17 PM »
1) Not sure where on the forum to put this so please excuse me if it is in the wrong spot.
2) want to give a big thanks to SirBomber and everyone else who made the coding tutorials; your documentation is excellent.

This is my first colony game, dubbed Colony 9x. I am mainly following the coding tutorials so don't expect anything ridiculously awesome. I have yet to find a tutorial though that explains how to give a nice briefing in the beginning, or to get the map to show under the colony games menu option; I've been using the 'runscript' feature for testing.

So for progress I have two items to show off; a screen cap of the starting base, especially if you don't want to play the alpha. The other option is to download the zip file which has the DLL and Briefing.doc. There are no win conditions, enemies, or disasters at this stage.

Request from SirBomber  :P
Colony 9x:
Beginning Alpha Level Command Briefing, for your eyes only:
   Commander, we seem to have stumbled upon a situation, our ship has been crippled by <record damaged>. We have deployed to adjacent planet <record damaged> and begun setup operations. There is some mineral wealth in the area, and most of our databanks have been preserved…but our trans-system ship has been destroyed.
   It has fallen to you to build our colony up and put the pieces back together. Establish  a sizeable population, repair our databases, and expand. Remember, extinction is not an option….
-one more note commander – comscan has detected anomalies at regular intervals
-we are not alone down here-
-end briefing

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:09:16 PM by leeor_net »

Offline Flashy

Colony Game - Colony 9x
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »
Firstly, the briefing is not a part of non-campaign dlls, outpost just reads the briefing txt when playing the campaign, but BlackBox managed to hack one into a mission, it is "Plymouth cold war". Though I can't download the file, did you follow the dll naming convention of op2? without, the mission won't be listed in the menu.
Praise the mighty light towers!!!

Offline Nynx

• http://on1-k.deviantart.com/
Colony Game - Colony 9x
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
ahhhhhh that makes sense; ok I'll redact those things tonight when I get a chance, thanks for the info ^^_

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Colony Game - Colony 9x
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
Don't expect anything ridiculously awesome?  Why would I?  I mean, I'm about as far as you are.  Good luck, and I hope that YOU enjoy the game as much as everyone else.

Offline Sirbomber

Colony Game - Colony 9x
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:58:21 PM »
Care to explain your colony game a bit more?  I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I download and try it.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials