Author Topic: Help With Update Files  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Rodgouin

Help With Update Files
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
Hello,  I tried to run updates and they are not compatible with win 7 64bit.  Add on patches etc.  It says i need to find the 64bit version for the update to work. The files as example are op2updt.exe 1,2,3, etc. Please help. thanx Roddy  :unsure:  

Offline Spikerocks101

Help With Update Files
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
Hello Rodgouin, and welcome to OPU (I think)! Well, to start, I am assuming you have the original game disk, and are trying to patch it. I my self have never tried to patch the original disk, so I don't know what troubles you are having. I suggest, thou, that you download the latest version of the game in general at http://www.outpostuniverse.net/gamedownload.php. This is the game itself, not a patch, so you just simply download, and extract it to a location you want it at.

PS it works fine on Windows 7 64 bit (what I am using), but you need to change "Disable desktop composition" in compatibility to make it look a little better.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Rodgouin

Help With Update Files
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:07 PM »
HEY SPIKE THANX ILL TRY IT NOW.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Help With Update Files
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
The OPU version will work fine. I'm guessing the Sierra update installers might be 16-bit applications, which aren't supported by Vista/7 64.

PS it works fine on Windows 7 64 bit (what I am using), but you need to change "Disable desktop composition" in compatibility to make it look a little better.
The problem isn't that not changing that setting makes the game look worse, it's that it makes the game lag.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:46:24 PM by Arklon »

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Help With Update Files
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
I had issues on Windows 7 trying to play op1..

thanks to TH300 though I got it working.  I can now enjoy a lot of old games.

Hi, have fun, and get on the mIRC some