Author Topic: How Fast Can You Type?  (Read 4578 times)

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
How Fast Can You Type?
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
Hey I was just wondering how fast everyone here can actually type :o There are 2 kinds of typing tests btw, there are some that use the 5 character = 1 word method, and others that use random words. Also some tests are loaded with texts that contain quotation marks, capital letters, and all that crap, while others have almost none, so you might wanna take a few tests (or do the ones I did).

Either way, this is the first test I did... It was the Astronaut test for 1 minute. Here were my results:

You can do this test @ http://www.typingtest.com/

Next I did a different test, this test used common everyday world words and had you type em out as fast as you could, here are my results:
First Attempt : 103 with 1 mistake
Second Attempt : 100 with 0 mistakes
Third Attempt :

You can do this test @ http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/

Now I'm also quite away there are like 100 different ways to fake your test results (Cheat engine, macro, firebug, photoshop, etc) but I'd just ask you don't fake your results, slow typing speeds are nothing to be worried about, in fact it might actually be something good, sorta like the whole "I have a life" thing .. It's all in perspective.

Anyways, I wasn't sure where my typing speeds stood with the rest of the world, so I figured I'd post up this and see what you all get!
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Spikerocks101

How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:50:03 PM »
203 was mine... i kept spelling things in a Canadian way over american (i.e. colour vs color)
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:48 AM »
Your first image doesn't show up for me.

On the first site I usually get around 60-75 wpm. I did worse on the ones with lots of names and punctuation. I got a few errors (usually 1 or 2) in each set before I realized you could backspace. I'm used to not being able to backspace in typing tests. I usually got zero errors once I started doing that.

The second site I seem to be getting about 400-450 cpm (~80 wpm), although I think those statistics are a bit weird. They're just a collection of random words, not forming sentences. It can be a little weird to type so many disjointed words. A lot of them are also really short, or just so common that you can type them really fast anyway.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:17:58 AM by Hooman »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »
Depending on the keyboard, I can type anywhere from 90-130 wpm. I have typed at 130wpm before, though the rate at which I make mistakes goes up a fair bit.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
I'm a slow typer most of the time...especially with those types of tests.  having to read and type really slows me down.  However when I'm typing from my thoughts, I'm much faster.  the second I think of a word, it's almost all there on the page.  Sometimes it links up so well that I'll have typed up the word before I'm fully concious of thinking of it.  Every now and then, I'm typing so fast that I'm wondering how i'm doing it, heh.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »
i type fast enough

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »
I type at about 60 Gross Words A minute at my school on Microtype

Ont he first test I get about 64 with errors, but only 1 or 2.

I am still unsure of how to post picture though...  :heh:  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:57:45 AM by jcj94 »

Offline Venera

How Fast Can You Type?
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »
I got 60 wpm with 100% accuracy but that's because I back-spaced on the errors.