Author Topic: Eve Sandbox  (Read 5588 times)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Eve Sandbox
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »
Here is a dll and its source that I made for evecolonycommander. Ask him, what it is.

Note: to compile it yourself, create a copy of the blank template (included in the mission sdk, version 2) and replace the LevelMain.cpp file.

Note: the archive contains just "LevelMain.cpp" and "ceves1g.dll".

Offline evecolonycamander

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:45 AM »
its the eve sandbox map i was planing.
ill upload the map now and the tech later
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:11:33 AM by evecolonycamander »
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:18:15 AM »
sorry for this double post... i found some glitch that i cant overcome... after i changed the information in the tech file so it could be used, the game stopped working. th300 did you force any tech that i should know of?
-famous last words

Offline TH300

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »
No, it doesn't assume that any tech is there. Possibly you made some mistake. I guess, it won't work unless you use only the "COST" attribute for all techs and do not differentiate between Eden and Plymouth. Also, could you please clarify "the game stopped working"?

Edit: clarified a the part that is now in italic font.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:35:33 AM by TH300 »

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:08:30 AM »
okey i was setting all tech to just using "cost" wile at the same time fixing the map some and then when i went to test it is gave the "could not initialize" message. now if it was a tech issue (like typos) it would have given the "error at line #" message. some how it doesn't recognize the files i believe  
-famous last words

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:46 AM »
I'd recommend to use only the "COST" attribute for all techs and not differentiate between Eden and Plymouth.
Excuse me, what?  That is terrible advice.  Why would you even do that?!  You'll break so many parts of the techtree by doing that.

Unless of course ECC is being an idiot and doing something like
Code: [Select]
EDEN_COST = 1000
PLYMOUTH_COST = 1000
in which case LOL N0[size=0] [/size]0B

Also: ECC, tell me you didn't try to add an "EVE_COST" tag.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:13:45 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 08:14:21 AM »
im useing
cost #
im changing the tech tree as i go, but for now the colony can research Everything  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:15:50 AM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline TH300

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »
I'd recommend to use only the "COST" attribute for all techs and not differentiate between Eden and Plymouth.
Excuse me, what?  That is terrible advice.  Why would you even do that?!  You'll break so many parts of the techtree by doing that.

I don't know everything about techtrees. Most of what I say about them are guesses. Its somewhat trial-and-error. I should have mentioned that in my other post. Nontheless, I see no other way to make this work (if you do, you should tell him). The idea just needs some more elaboration.

I guess that the game uses a tech's id to determine which new units can be built after researching the tech. If that is true, it is probably a good idea to not remove any of the original tech-ids. For example, you'd have to leave both "Robot-Assist Mechanic" entries there, change the cost of one to whatever and the cost of the other to 0 and change requirement of the second to the first.

Again, there is the possibility that all of this is nonsense. And by the way, I never said that it can at all be turned into a working mission. Its after all a weird hack.

Eve Sandbox
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »
okey here is all of the current files. all of the files are incomplete so problems will show up. also mabie one of you all can help find the current problem
-famous last words