Author Topic: If You Can Believe...  (Read 4046 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
If You Can Believe...
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »
So every one wants to talk science about things that may or may not exsist in this universe or world which ever your preception is.

There are alot of unexplanable things. a list of them for example all of which can be hoaxed even on national tv.

Ghosts various forms of which are from voices on recordings to full body aparitions

UFOs  Be it extraterrestial or Man made flying object of top secretness/prototype.

Crop circles Seemly harmless tho a bit costly to the farmer as he loose crops. alot of man made ones but complex ones that show up over night a hoax perhaps maybe not maybe so humans are crafty. also they have been reprorted in snow.

Missing links.  Various names for this one all over the world and in anceint times.
man in a suit man ape monkey thing or some rediculous crap brought forth by some retards in the woods.

Strange animals.  Chupacabra the goat sucking entity that has various descriptions but never attacks humans.  Supposed bat monkeys that seem to escape from a near by government lab hehe.  Lock ness monster Lake champlain monster various other lake lock pond monsters.  all rumors never seen and lots of explainations for what we see on there vids of sightings.

AERA 51 oooooooooo
the top secret base where many lockheed and skunkworks airplanes were developed and test flown but the supposes home of the roswell aliens survivors or other wise. also rumored to have more ufos being built by or reverse engineered by our government.

Atlantis the lost city.  supposed continent possibly moderate sized island. that dissapeared for ever.  rumored to be every where but never found.  

I could go on forever.  However if these things have be proven with 100% with out a doubt evidence that isnt fraudulent then what does that say for any thing else. any and all is open to discusion i will keep my eye on this thread and i will not allow any talk of religion in it.  Not that it doesnt have its supposed things here and there its just not a good topic to many hang ups. it will be deleted first and only warning.

Offline evecolonycamander

If You Can Believe...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
AERA 51 oooooooooo
the top secret base where many lockheed and skunkworks airplanes were developed and test flown but the supposes home of the roswell aliens survivors or other wise. also rumored to have more ufos being built by or reverse engineered by our government.
well the location and base are real.... now i cant say the same for what it dose i suspect it just is some sort of overly high security airbase
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
If You Can Believe...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »
oh boy!  Time for some fun ^_^

Ghosts various forms of which are from voices on recordings to full body aparitions

We already have enough paranormal research teams out there, some of which take the correct approach of trying to debunk the claims.

UFOs Be it extraterrestial or Man made flying object of top secretness/prototype.
AERA 51 oooooooooo

all I have to say is:
...They're not here, they're not coming
Not in a million years
'til we put away our hatred
'til we lay aside our fears
You may see the heavens flashing
You may hear the cosmos humming
But I promise you, my sister
They're not here, they're not coming...

and Area 51 seems to be shutting down.  Probably due to the toxic waste dumping that was bringing a lot more attention to it than the government wanted.

Crop circles Seemly harmless tho a bit costly to the farmer as he loose crops. alot of man made ones but complex ones that show up over night a hoax perhaps maybe not maybe so humans are crafty. also they have been reprorted in snow.

all have been man-made, and while they are interesting creative works, they are a huge economic bane to farmers.

Missing links. Various names for this one all over the world and in anceint times.
man in a suit man ape monkey thing or some rediculous crap brought forth by some retards in the woods.

Strange animals. Chupacabra the goat sucking entity that has various descriptions but never attacks humans. Supposed bat monkeys that seem to escape from a near by government lab hehe. Lock ness monster Lake champlain monster various other lake lock pond monsters. all rumors never seen and lots of explainations for what we see on there vids of sightings.

There is a man who claims to be the person in the suit of the first bigfoot video.  his normal stride is quite like that walk, too.  However, scientific analysis of the film SEEMS to indicate otherwise.  However, when you digitally restore a grainy-old video, there is always the chance of alteration.

Chupacapra and other variatiopns have been debunked by studies on the natural decomposition of animals.  Currently, the only thing that prevents proof or disproof of nessy is the fact that the water is too merky to see far enough to do a full sweep.

Atlantis the lost city. supposed continent possibly moderate sized island. that dissapeared for ever. rumored to be every where but never found.

I believe Atlantis was a city that was more developed than it's neighbors, but not to the same extent that it is portrrayed.  There actually is a section of the mediterranian sea floor that has a great deal of commonality with the descriptions from Plato.  We also know that the area has seen flooding.  Other theories point to Minoan society as the basis for the Atlantis story.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Simpsonboy77

If You Can Believe...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
I did a high school report on the Roswell Incident (UFO crash). Personally I think a UFO did actually crash, the main reason being the admiral first told the press that a flying saucer was captured, then later said it was a weather balloon. If it was just a weather balloon, why were tanks called in to guard the crash site? At that time you would return a fallen weather balloon for a 200 dollar reward. I think we are naive to think we are the only intelligent beings in the universe.

The story of Atlantis always fascinated me. One theorized location was in the Mediterranean sea. If the Strait of Gibraltar was intact then suddenly broke, filling the low lying land with ocean water, it would annihilate a civilization.

CK9, I'd like to know more of what you know about this. I'm gonna be looking up this stuff on Plato and the Mediterranean sea floor, as I never heard of this. Do you know of any good books on this subject?
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

If You Can Believe...
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »
i have to agree on the Atlantis story...the may have been basically 50-60 years ahead the rest of the world... but that's as far as ill say... cause you never know. or it could have been the Americas. the Mayans(correct spelling?) where advanced in there time.
-famous last words

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
If You Can Believe...
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »
Atlantis has been rumored to be in many places middle of the atlantic the mediterranian sea and the burmuda triangle.

Which brings us to a cross roads of the two by one of the more rediculous things i have heard hehe.  Power crystals from atlantis make all the planes fall out of the sky and ship vanish in rips in space time.

Also I would like to add the Phillidelphia experiment.  If your not aware of this experiment I shall fill you in.

Apparantly they were experimenting with making a ship invisible or unseen by radar.  How ever once the magical device was activated the ship vanished and was reported in dozens of different spot all over the planet also when the ship finally matterialized some of the crew were missing some were found fused to the deck or melded half way in the walls or floor.

If You Can Believe...
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »
that sounds lick a horror novel combined with sci-fi
-famous last words

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
If You Can Believe...
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:30 AM »
the the the experiment supposedly really happened but the results there after are total rumor

Offline CK9

• Administrator
If You Can Believe...
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
I'm familiar with that story.  There are people constantly claiming to have been involved, but the claim is so outrageous that it is impossible.

eve, I found that out during a special on the Discovery channel.  Two teams were investigating two potential sites (mediteranean see and the bimini road).  Plato wrote about Atlantis, giving an extremely detailed description.  They found formations on an under-sea mountain that matched the landscape Plato described.

With how much technology with think is unique to more modern times that is actually rediscovery of ancient knowledge, you have to wonder about the true extent of the technology before the Dark Ages.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
If You Can Believe...
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »
Antikythera mechanism is one proof that the ancient times had a extreem level of sohistication.  Now if Atlantis is supposedly 50 to 100 or a 1000 years ahead of said technology made by greeks then well you could be looking at some large mechanical computers and such. Or even then they might have just wrote every thing down and there isnt any items to be found.  Even before our crude computers they had all sorts of inventions its quite possible for atlantis to have exsisted.

As for the medditerrian flooding by means of the straight of gribralter i highly doubt that. as many civilizations had made there living in exports by means of boats long before any mention of atlantis.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
If You Can Believe...
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 12:01:44 PM »
But Atlantis wasn't found mentioned until Plato, who wrote about it many years after its demise.  Unfortunately, most forms of written accounts don't survive well.  There could have been accounts from the time that we will never see.

We know that other seas once were populated before a massive flooding lead to them becoming the seas we know today.
CK9 in outpost