Author Topic: New Colony Game Revised  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Angellus Mortis

New Colony Game Revised
« on: July 24, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
Main topic is here.

Current Version 0.50. 8/14/2010 4:00 EST

This uses Sirbomber's Multitek2 with just a slight change I made (bug that I found) and needs the modloader. Becuase of that, included is a newer version of op2ext.dll from SVN that Arklon compiled. Overwrite the old one. The only possible error is that the OP2 will crash on exit on Windows XP (someone test it and tell Arklon/Hooman).

TO PLAY: UnZIP all the files and place them as is into your OP2 folder, overwriting op2ext.dll. Then use the Outpost2 Multitek2.bat file to open OP2 and use the Outpost2 Multitek2 version.

Post feedback.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:10:26 PM by angellus »

Offline Zardox Xheonov

New Colony Game Revised
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 07:16:21 AM »
still doesent seem to work well for me, keeps giving me an error window... maybe if its just me you could help me on IRC?

thanks
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Angellus Mortis

New Colony Game Revised
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »
I am sorry, I compiled with the wrong settings. It works fine now. Download and play.

Also, if you are having the error where Outpost2 is always loading Multitek2 and you no longer can initialize the regular colony games, then make a separate copy of OP2 and remove the Multitek2 files from one.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:38:28 PM by angellus »

Offline Warcaliptolf

New Colony Game Revised
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »
I noticed a few things that seem like bugs, possibly related to multitek2 file or files(depending if the vehicle ini and the rest are included).

scorpion costs: http://pastebin.com/n8KaUKGC
vehicle research: http://pastebin.com/JPkdhRyC
odd 27,000+ hp and super mvoe speed bug: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4833/bastards.jpg
the pastebins should last a month unless I did something wrong(they'd die in  an hour)

I have pm'd sirbomber just incase it's related to his files(but by how it seems, it's just research and not the entire sheets but I could be wrong)

maybe pastebin isn't needed...., but another odd one down below

BEGIN_TECH "High-Velocity Projectiles" 07257
    CATEGORY        7
    DESCRIPTION     "EMP, ESG, and Stickyfoam range increased.  _______________________________________ By boosting the velocity of our projectiles, we have been able to increase their effective range.  This description sucks."
    TEASER          "Increases EMP, ESG, and Stickyfoam range.  _______________________________________ Some of experts theorize that we could increase the range of our projectile weapons by boosting the velocity of the projectiles as they are fired.  The difficulty lies in finding a reliable method of boosting the velocity."
    IMPROVE_DESC    "Increased range"
    REQUIRES        04051
    REQUIRES        05052
    REQUIRES        06261
    REQUIRES        05265
    EDEN_COST       1200 <---
    PLYMOUTH_COST   -1 <---
    MAX_SCIENTISTS  11
    LAB             2
    UNIT_PROP EMP Sight_range 7
    UNIT_PROP SPAM Sight_range 9
    UNIT_PROP FOAM Sight_range 8

noticed eden got emp missiles too
EMP_MISSILE   t   P   3600   1400   1200   8252

BEGIN_TECH "Ballistic Missiles" 08252

found a missing 0
anyway I'm stopping here, maybe consolidate them to sirbomber or something
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:17:20 PM by Warcaliptolf »

Offline Angellus Mortis

New Colony Game Revised
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
The only thing I can think of is that it is something with multitek2. I have never seen that before.

Offline Hidiot

New Colony Game Revised
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »
The 3rd one is what happens when you use super-powered storms.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"