Author Topic: Recaptcha  (Read 3009 times)

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Recaptcha
« on: July 20, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Recaptcha
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 12:05:43 AM »
Interesting.

That kind of makes me doubt the usefulness of Recaptcha.

Offline Kayedon

Recaptcha
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »
Kind of reminds me of my "Facebook plays Outpost 2" picture. Shame I can't find the topic, I don't think I still have the picture...
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline elwood_s

Recaptcha
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:17:20 AM »
Kind of reminds me of my "Facebook plays Outpost 2" picture. Shame I can't find the topic, I don't think I still have the picture...
I found your picture. :D

It's posted here: Facebook Plays Outpost 2

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Recaptcha
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
From a usefulness / security standpoint to my knowledge reCaptcha is pretty secure. They do adapt it to the failure rate of a certain client (i.e. if it becomes clear they are just guessing words and not attempting to solve the captcha it will add more perturbations to the graphics) and they do keep an eye out for IP addresses that are successfully solving many captchas in a short period of time (in other words, a computer program is attempting to solve them).

I've thought about implementing recaptcha on the forums here to try and solve the spam problem (but I have a feeling that a lot of the spammers we get are being hand-registered).

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Recaptcha
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:16:28 PM »
From a usefulness / security standpoint to my knowledge reCaptcha is pretty secure. They do adapt it to the failure rate of a certain client (i.e. if it becomes clear they are just guessing words and not attempting to solve the captcha it will add more perturbations to the graphics) and they do keep an eye out for IP addresses that are successfully solving many captchas in a short period of time (in other words, a computer program is attempting to solve them).

I've thought about implementing recaptcha on the forums here to try and solve the spam problem (but I have a feeling that a lot of the spammers we get are being hand-registered).
pm'd
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Kayedon

Recaptcha
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
Ah, thank you for that El, I didn't bother to check earlier and Search gave me nothing. XD
op2rules, what's the point in even saying pm'd?
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Recaptcha
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »
It tells others something about me.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:15:03 PM by op2rules »
 ^--- GD Text Generati