Author Topic: Guidance For A Beginner  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Guidance For A Beginner
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 12:44:18 PM »
i choose the south-west area with lava at south, east, and west; like a U shaped wall.

It has 2 common ore spawns and earthquakes don't come to the mine to the south.
Also there are no storms in that area of the south. It's the last patch of mars terrain with cliffs to the south following a lava river of protection.

I will give the coordinates soon in an edit.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:44:34 PM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Kayedon

Guidance For A Beginner
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
A Mobile Colony? What, are you going to build a new bare-essentials base every 5 minutes? Even on a larger map, this wouldn't exactly work.

LoP, that position is alright, but the lava is still really wide and there isn't many spots for a choke-point. In addition, there is no reasonably close rare ore. Well, there is. There's two. One gets lava-fied and the other is just barely covered.

So assuming we want rare ore, there are 4 locations.

1: We can cheat for the purpose of getting the Rare Ore mine that is just barely covered by lava in the U-area.
2: We can build at the spawn point (our colony is doomed!)
3: We can build in Australia.
4: We can build in the centre of the map.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline evecolonycamander

Guidance For A Beginner
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:06 AM »
no, gather your recorces and move if you end up in the wrong spot your dead unless you do it as mutch as me who nows how to do it
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Guidance For A Beginner
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 11:40:14 AM »
I like the u area.  I built an auxilary base there on Normal after moving to the land of Aus toboost my common metal production.  If you build walls after the lava moves in, you can create artificial choke points that the AI will go to rather than destroying the walls.

If you build in the U, you can easily just build a mining outpost to get rare.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Kayedon

Guidance For A Beginner
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 04:26:32 PM »
I like the u area.  I built an auxilary base there on Normal after moving to the land of Aus toboost my common metal production.  If you build walls after the lava moves in, you can create artificial choke points that the AI will go to rather than destroying the walls.

If you build in the U, you can easily just build a mining outpost to get rare.
True. I never really use mining outposts, because I tend to just overbuild everything.

ECC, I still view that as a huge waste of resources. If you're "the only one that knows (not nows) how to do it," post image/video examples, so the rest of us can learn how to "go mobile."

That, or keep talking in broken English.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."