Author Topic: Bejewel  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Spikerocks101

Bejewel
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:31:33 AM »
This is a game I am working on. I hope you enjoy it. This will be my first game made, other then Tic-Tac-Toe. Quite simple, you try to rank up points. There is no real objective yet, but will be. For reference, 3 in a row gets you points of gem, 4 in a row gets you times 2 the points of the gem, and 5 in a row gets you the gems points to the power of 2. Gems values are (in brackets is 4 in a row/5 in a row values:
Blue: 1 (1/1)
Green: 2 (4/4)
Red: 3 (6/9)
Yellow: 4 (8/16)
Purple: 5 (10/25)
Also, another note, you can move a gem, and it won't reset (was going to add the reset option for hard modes later).

Info about the download:
It has 2 folders, Console and OpenGL. I made the Console one first, and you will need to type "game" to play. I also added the source code (which I hope works). If it doesn't work, then I will like to know why it didn't.

Thanks to TH300 for his help so far, a Hidiot, for also helping inderectly.

Edit: Link changed, for I forgot the textures folder. You can change the textures, as long as you change the mask going with it. And yes, I will add new ones later.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:05:04 AM by Spikerocks101 »
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Bejewel
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
Thats really nice, already. I'm looking forward to the final release.

Btw.:

Since the compiled exe has stupid dependencies, I compiled it myself for Linux. And while doing so, I removed the glaux-dependcy (which is deprecated) and substituted it with a FreeImage-dependency. (I also changed some other lines, but most of those are useless in the OpenGL version, so you should rather remove them)