Author Topic: Winrar Download  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Winrar Download
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »
i hope black gage and other people find this cuzz this thread is easier to find <hence the name says it all> than any other on google.

This is simply to make it easier for people to get winrar.
Google is too broad.

oh and one more thing if there is another person who posted a topic like this one; its probably too hard to find sense me and my freind could not find it in time.

im thinking this should go on the wiki, it's too importent to be outside of our opu.
since we use it alot. plus no other topic has a title like mine thus it's not easy to locate.

OR PUT WINRAR AS A DOWNLOAD IN THE OUTPOST2 DOWNLOAD SECTION OF MAIN PAGE ASAP PLEASE!

the download is below here in red letters called; wrar39bl.exe :
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Edit (Mez): File replaced with link to rarlabs download page.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:36:04 AM by Mez »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Mez

Winrar Download
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:53:41 AM »
I think I shall have to address everything wrong with the above post in a separate one.

Lets start with the technical reasons.

I replaced the file with a link to the rarlab.com website for the following obvious reasons.
  • That is that we don't want to pay to host another copy of a program hosted perfectly well from the developers website
  • The program will become outdated when they release a new version
  • I want to choose the version of WinRAR suitable for my system. I.e OS, architecture and language (not everyone has their PC set up in English).
This is not to say OPU endorses this product in any way shape or form.  There are plenty of other programs out there that will decompress rar archives e.g. 7zip

Secondly if you Google "rar" the first result is the rarlab.com website -> not very difficult to find.
Everyone else has found the decompression program by Googling it before.  There is no need to highlight the fact everywhere it annoys everyone else who has taken the 30 seconds it requires to Google it.

Now for you posting style, it's atrocious.
  • Try not to use slang.  Non-native speakers have a hard enough time understanding English.
  • Use a spell checker, nearly all modern browsers have them!
  • Don't post lines in all caps. It's annoying, my eyes were distracted to that garish line in yellow and I had difficulty reading on the rest of your post.
  • Read over your post before submission or at least learn to use the preview/edit buttons!
EDIT: Grammar
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:55:34 AM by Mez »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Winrar Download
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »
LOP, you're lucky Mez got to it first.  He's much nicer than me as I probably would have just deleted the topic.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names