Author Topic: Bla Colony Map.  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Hidiot

Bla Colony Map.
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:55:23 AM »
I made this little map on Eden 1. Modified to avoid enemies spawning on cliffs and widened the spawn area for a longer game.

Initially I made it as a test map for some functions I wanted to make, but with obstacles hindering any progress, I went with doing some bla and the result is this little piece.

You basically get spammed by generated attack waves starting from mark 666. There are some difficulty settings, but as I didn't take much time to balance, be prepared for it to be too easy or too hard or simply weird.

Once it gets to Tiger level, the number of attackers steadily increases with each wave

I used survtechm.txt, albeit modified a bit, which is included. This is very similar to the survtech we all know and love, but I went and added some devilish things you shall have to find out for yourself, as well as some boons, which... you shall have to find out for yourself.

So... Enjoy?

EDIT: I keep fiddling with the numbers, trying to balance it here and there. Be prepared for new versions popping up from time to time.
EDIT 2:here's little left to be changed if no one plays it so I can do balancing.
EDIT 3:Altered the AI some. Made it slightly smarter, so to speak. Also altered wave intervals. They are now difficulty-dependent as well.

Disasters are open for request, although they're slightly pointless on such a small map.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:33:09 PM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Angellus Mortis

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »
Do not know if it matters, but the ConVecs does not have its light on at start.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:12:13 AM by angellus »

Offline Hidiot

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 08:47:21 AM »
Funny, I thought they did...

Even looking at the source code, they do get their light turned on at the start of the map.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
Actually I was playing, they start on but go off for some reason. I never pressed "I" so it was not me.

NOTE: I redirected users to here for the survtechm tech tree, like you asked. But I need to know, do you fix the Plymouth Mobile Weapons Platform problem and have you made any other changes?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:35:14 PM by angellus »

Offline Hidiot

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 02:06:16 AM »
Weird thing with the lights there. Did you notice any particular moments when they do?

I sometimes feel like making a change or two. And I'm pretty sure I fixed that.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »
No idea for the ConVecs. Just make you I know if you make any major changes to survtechm, because if you do I might need to change something.

Offline Hidiot

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:25:59 AM »
Well, I rarely change anything, but for now, the most recent version is in there.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
Did you change anything since I first got it from you in the earliest version of this mission? (Other then the Plymouth fix)

Offline Hidiot

Bla Colony Map.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 03:56:21 PM »
You can use PMs when you pose questions of limited use to everyone else...

And yes.