Author Topic: Website Update  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Website Update
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:43:08 AM »
Some of you may have noticed a few more web site updates happening over the last little while. They were mostly just small changes and cleanup, but a few sections have been substantially revised. It should now have the same general style and layout throughout. The website should also be free of broken links, and is actually valid xhtml now.

At least the parts reachable from the main page are free of broken links and are valid xhtml. There were a few incomplete sections which basically had links leading into them removed, but the pages are still there for whoever wants to type the URL in manually, or has found a link from somewhere else. I'm as of yet undecided if these sections should be somehow completed and linked back in with the rest, or if they should just be dropped.

The missing parts basically consist of the online help section. It didn't seem too helpful though. It basically had a main page with lots of broken links, and a link to some glossary of terms. There were a couple other valid links, but those pages are already linked to from elsewhere. So basically, we'd lose the glossary. I'm thinking dump it. Thoughts anyone?

Also, is there something you'd consider needing high priority revision? Or something you think we should create or expand upon?

Offline Kayedon

Website Update
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:32:29 AM »
There's one typo I saw jump out. "a few a few skirmishes". just CTRL+F that and you'll find it.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Spikerocks101

Website Update
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »
very nice, good job hooman.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Website Update
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 12:23:02 AM »
Ah,  yes. Thank you for calling that to my attention.

You know, I actually stopped to re-read that sentence a couple of times because something didn't look right, but I was focused on the spelling of "skirmishes".

Offline Kayedon

Website Update
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:28:12 AM »
LOL N00B. What do I pay you for, if not to fail your own typos.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Leviathan

Website Update
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:10:00 AM »
Thanks very much for your work on the website :)

Offline Spikerocks101

Website Update
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:36:07 AM »
btw, i think you removed it, but what was the deal with the "world domination" think i sometimes seen?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Website Update
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 08:01:34 AM »
It was an old tournament-type thing that never really took off.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Kayedon

Website Update
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »
And it was "coming soon." Bahaha.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."